Which Modern DE is best?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Hank, Jul 19, 2011.

1. glazer1972

glazer1972 Member

EJDE89L and Feather Blades

2. CHSeifert

CHSeifert Active Member

I think the great ones are Pils, Feather, Merkur, Parker, Edwin Jagger & Mühle !

However I'm just a DE noob ;)

At least I considered all these before I opted for the German quality brand Mühle. Never seen a more well made razors. I already owned an older Pils, also VERY high quality razor !

3. troy

troy Member

I use the Edwin Jagger 87

4. newb

newb Resident Newb

The Merkur VISION is Visionary. To me it's not only the BEST modern razor, but it's the best d/e I've ever used. While most current production models of d/e's remind me of vintage razors. The Vision steps out of the box with it's futuristic and visionary design.

5. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Soooo....

Two months later, there are a bunch O' suggestions...

Looking back on all of my shaves from the last 1.5 years, I will say that for me, if I restrict myself to answering only razors that are DE...

Guard Bar = EJDE89L

Open Comb = 2011 Muhle R-41

Going "Vintage" = Schick Injector G and any brand of "1912" SE.

newb likes this.
  6. Vannlambert

Vannlambert New Member

I had an EJ which was a great 1st razor then I bought an Muhle R41 head for my EJ handle worked very nice although I felt like I was teetering on cutting myself kinda rough shave but close. Then I dumped the cash on an ATT Atlas H2 very close to the shave I got from the muhle R41 smoother but I thought slightly more aggressive I kept getting nicks on my neck and head (I shave my head) so I returned the H2 plate in exchange for the R2 plate and I must say this is by far the best razor ever very pricy but you will not find a better build quality or guarantee on a razor.

7. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Years ago, I was looking for a Hand Held Amateur Radio, I asked my Uncle and another Ham Radio operator which radio was best.
    They both said, Go to HRO (Ham Radio Outlet) look at the Hand Held Radio's they have for sale, Pick up each one. Look each one over very closely. The one that you think feels and looks the best in your hand is the best one to buy!
    So bottom line the one you like the best is the best one for you.

The razor that you like is the best one to buy!

178-bplatoon and swarden43 like this.
  8. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

The ABSOLUTE BEST Safety Razor is the one that gives YOU the smoothest, closest and most irritation free shave. Not only does this cover a wide variety of safety razors, but it's also subject to change. :happy088: My current and longest favorites are a Weber DLC head with either the BullDog or Classic handles and a Gillette "NEW" LCOC on a greistshaving "FAT" brass handle. :)

9. imGrunt

imGrunt Active Member

My current favorite is the Merkur 39c slant followed closely by the Futur and the Progress. I don't know about the best but they are my favorite's. A Feather is on my Birthday wish list and will let you know in July!

Herm2502 likes this.
  10. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Whichever razor you decide is best for you.