Which Movies had scenes where Actors used straight/safety razors ?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by SSLSTudio..., Mar 9, 2007.

1. ltlsuz

ltlsuz Member

The opening scene of the "Untouchables" with Al Pacino in a barber chair

2. Smedley

Smedley New Member

I was going through the "Extras" DVD for Chaplin's The Great Dictator and they had a silent where Charlie played a barber. When he was stropping, he was using a metal file. And the barber chair was like another character in the short. Definitely worth a look if you are into Chaplin, or barber chairs. :D

3. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

Heroes S1E21 .

This weeks Series in Heroes shows the evil man Sylar shaving his beard before he visits his mother.

My heart skipped some beats ! when I saw the angle he was using and he used the straight in one motion from neck over the cheek area in one Sweep ! never seen such a move ever ! on top he holds the razor at a 90 ! :eek: :eek: degree angle compared to the skin so your actually scraping the beard very odd ! but he pulls it off nonetheless something you have to see for yourself.

its a typical Dubl Duck scale on the razor..anyways serie is fresh so you can easily find it online.

Attached Files:

4. TorzJohnson

TorzJohnson Member

Don't forget Mr. Blonde in Reservoir Dogs. :eek:

5. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

They completely dulled the blade and he's using it like a scraper. They don't want to risk an actor's neck.

6. moses

moses New Member

Indeed. Not like anybody in any of these movies is ACTUALLY shaving.

Btw, can't forget Key Largo. Speaking of the above, I want to see someone talking like that while a barber is actually shaving them with a sharp razor....

-Mo

7. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

Boooo thats a money shot they are trying to pull off making the bad guy look way more bad by using a cut throat razor the whimp..the dubbed it with audio where you can clearly hear alot of whiskers being cut again for the money shot.

man someone could seriously hurt himself if he would copy that move....

8. Hawkeye5

Hawkeye5 Member

Bogart shaves with a straight in "The African Queen".
    Brando also shaves with a straight in "Last Tango in Paris".

9. bg42

bg42 New Member

Shean Penn

Mr Peen in the Thin Red Line( I think that was the title) he did it all wrong and looked as if he could remove his lip or nose at any second with the straight he had ,actually it was quite amusing to watch
    Kind regas Peter

10. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Sorry for being so tardy but......

Welcome to TSD, my man ! :D

11. bearbeard

bearbeard Right Guard

Just saw this myself. They also show him lathering up with a brush. Looked like he was using some col. conk!!!

Pretty good shaving scene.

12. Padron

Padron Active Member

I just watched Pans Labyrinth this weekend, It has a couple scenes with the captain of the army? shaving with a straight.

It was a interesting movie, it reminds me I need to learn Spanish, movie is in Spanish with English subtitles.

Check it...

13. Edcculus

Edcculus Resident Bay Rummy

Just watching M*A*S*H. In the episode "Alcoholics Unanimous", BJ is using a straight.

14. WaterBoo

WaterBoo New Member

The "doc" in Flying Leathernecks is shaving with a DE in one of the scenes in a tent.

WaterBoo

15. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Grunt and Waterboo, welcome to the Shave Den, gentlemen!

16. WaterBoo

WaterBoo New Member

Thank you for the welcome.

WaterBoo

17. jramire2

jramire2 Member

There's a scene in Hannibal where a girl is shaving a guys chest w/a DE. This is one of Hannibals "victims" and is towards the end of the movie.

On a different note, does anyone remembers the commercials of the twentysomething guy who's going to live in his corolla/sentra/whatever car for a week?

Well, I collect comics as well, and there's a picture of this guy shaving in his car using his rearview mirror. He's using a mach 3 or whatever, but lo and behold right next to the stickshift is a badger brush and shaving mug.

Fellas, to me that says something when a big co. like Nissan or Toyota puts a badger brush in one of their ads.

cool.

~Joshua

18. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Original "Dr. DoLittle". The circus owner was shaving with a str8 when Dr. DoLittle was proposing to use the Pushme Pullyou as an act to raise money to buy a ship to find the Giant Pink Snail. I swear, I'm not making this up! :D

19. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Dirty Dozen

.....has quite a bit of talk about shaving, including a scene with a brush & lather. Though the guys refuse to shave after a while, they eventually break down and clean up :D

20. sysiphus

sysiphus Member

"Monty Python's The Meaning Of Life"--The British Officer (John Cleese) shaves with a straight.