Which Super Speed Can Be For Beginners?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by theguitarshaver559, Mar 25, 2017.

1. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Can you imagine how it must have been to a young man when the straight was all there was. Had to take guts that first swing.

RyX likes this.
  2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Thanks. I was thinking that.

fsfty, jmudrick and wchnu like this.
  3. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

Easier than I have it! Back then, the skills were typically handed down father to son. I'm watching YouTube videos and trying to figure out how to word questions online...

RyX likes this.
  4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Yup that connection is lost. But folks around here do try to help.

RyX and dustmite like this.
  5. theguitarshaver559

theguitarshaver559 Active Member

I know I haven't used the Tech and Super Speed yet, I'm just repeating what some others have said about them.

6. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

This is probably the most helpful corner of the internet, shaving related or not! The problem comes from not having someone standing over your shoulder to stop you BEFORE you mess up, then coming here and struggling to find the right words to express what went wrong AFTER the damage is done...

Bama Samurai and RyX like this.
  7. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

The problem with repeating what you have heard but never experienced (I'm just talking about shaving, now) is the very real possibility of spreading things that just are not true.

dbersh, dustmite, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  8. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Yes an ounce of prevention and such. I will actually be teaching hands on with a youngen soon. I very much look forward to that. Not a straight though....

Bama Samurai likes this.
  9. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Indeed. I had the Cadet version. About as aggressive as a safety razor gets, short of Muhle. Will definitely punish bad angles.

dustmite likes this.
  10. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Exactly. People said a Fatboy would fix my marriage and get me a promotion. Didn't. In fact it didn't even give me a shave to write home about. Stick with what you know.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

dustmite, swarden43 and Bama Samurai like this.
  11. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

The heart of the matter.

dbersh and swarden43 like this.
  12. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

One razor I have been using and loving lately is the Wilkinson Sword Classic, they can be found for $9 shipped plus they include a pack of blades. Mild Razor but works great. No worries about slicing your face open so it would be perfect for a newbie. Very happy with it so far.

There are quite a few u tube reviews so you can see what other people's thoughts are. Excellent value in my opinion.

wchnu likes this.
  13. r1nzler

r1nzler Member

If i could star over i would get a gillette slim.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk