Why are Super Speed Razors called Super Speeds?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by theguitarshaver559, Mar 20, 2017.

1. theguitarshaver559

theguitarshaver559 Active Member

I'm getting my first super speed razor from a new member. I'm just curious why the super speed razors were called super speeds by Gillette and their fans.

Bird Lives likes this.
  2. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

The introductory ad campaign in 1948 stressed the speed of blade changes.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

3. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

But I feel itz so aptly named, like the tech, man, you can really fly around your face with them. They're so smooth, like 4wd for your face.

4. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Congratulations....every shaver should have a Super Speed....they should have been called Bullet Proof, cause they always can produce perfect shaves....

I have personally switched to SE razors and Injectors....But I really can't think of anything that I would change on a Super Speed...It's the only DE razor that I have kept, and I would never think of parting with it...

5. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I think it was a new angle, for Gillette to compete with the Schick Injector. Schick at this time was coming on pretty strong in the American market.

hamoncan and wchnu like this.
  6. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

The super speeds are great razors! I have the red tip, blue tip, flare tip , 50s super speed and a English flare tip. I like them quite a bit. The 50s super speed is a little more aggressive compared to the flare tip but just a tad. Personally i think it's a better performer. The ranger feels even more so.

'65 G-Slim and hamoncan like this.
  7. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Those are really neat ads. Always cool to see the history behind the hobby!

Fluffyskiador likes this.
  8. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Aptly named though.

9. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

Gotta admit, the '46 Ranger Tech shaves better (to me) than and of the super Speeds I have.

Jorvaljr likes this.
  10. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I haven't picked up a Ranger Tech yet, but I do have a Sheraton, and that is a marvelous shaver.

Jorvaljr likes this.