Why I don't rotate...

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by tuxxdk, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

If you do decide this let me know =P

2. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

Why, you're not ready to buy anyways.. haha :D But now you know that I have a few :)

3. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

If you have something I have wanted to get and you dont want it anymore. Then Im ready hahaha =P

4. TheStyx

TheStyx Active Member

I usually use a new razor every other day, but then I get a bit stuck with some of them for a few days. I have my favourites that I use more than others. Right now those are my Merkur 34G and my Schick Injectors. Before that I was hooked on my Slim Adjustable.

5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I enjoy rotating my razors: DE, SE, and injectors. I get great shaves with all of them (32). If I didn't I would retire the razor.

6. Luteplayers

Luteplayers Well-Known Member

I rotate a dozen or so straights and 5 DE razors. I can't remember the last time I had any irritation or a nick. I rotate Feathers Polsilvers or vintage Wilkinson's in all of the DEs and get the same great results with all of them. I don't keep track of number of shaves with each blade.

I usually toss the blade after I think its been used 4 times. Could be 3 or 5, I should pay more attention but use the straights way more now and can't be bothered tacking number of shaves per blade in the DEs.

I am starting to get as good shaves with the straights now and usually only use a DE if I'm in a hurry.

7. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I haven't rotated razors since I started shaving with a Weber DLC BullDog 3 piece.. I usually use two razors in the morning however, First pass is with a 1935 Long Comb Gillette "NEW" OC mated to a griestshaving FAT brass handle, followed by the DLC for the remaining passes..

8. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

I don't rotate because more than three revolutions and I start to get dizzy...

tuxxdk likes this.