Wilkinson DE sword blades

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by tuco99, Jul 6, 2011.

1. tuco99

tuco99 Well-Known Member

Found some wilkinson sword blades in plastic dispensers made in germany at the dollar store the other day and figured I'd try them.On my second day and I'm finding they are just okay.Any opinions?
    There were 2 packaging's some with white face cards/black lettering and some with black face cards/white lettering...any diference?both were $2 a pack.

2. ourlastdefeat

ourlastdefeat Member

I use Wilkinson's all the time, they're cheap, I can find them locally, and they cut the hair off of my face...not that there was a whole lot to begin with anyway :happy102 So these suit my needs, however other people don't like them. So if they are acceptable for you to use, perhaps you can use them as backups, like if you run out of your favorite blade and have to wait for them to arrive you can just use the wilkinsons until whatever you prefer gets restocked...I think made sense haha.

3. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I like them...They are not my favs.when I want super sharp, and effortless BBS's....But when I want low-impact quaranteed no irritation shaves (like when traveling, or the 2nd shave of the day, right before going on TV, or being video taped) I've found them to be very consistant, smooth and never tugging...YMMV...:)

4. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

I have to agree. They give me a great 1-2 shaves... then the quality drops off. They are a if i dont have my go to blades or not testing out others I will grab a wilki for a good shave.

Your on TV? Neato. What do you do?

5. chaucer

chaucer New Member

I like the German Wilks more than most others seem to. It's my daily shaver, along with the Gillette Yellow. I get 6 good shaves from both of these blades. The German Wilks seem especially fond of my iKon Deluxe and Muhle R89.

BTW, in the past these blades have come in a larg-ish white plastic case, but I bought Wilks in a local drug store the other day, and these were in black plastic cases. Does anyone know if they're the same blade?

6. Old Man Army

Old Man Army Member

I like Wilkonsons. I use them in my Super Speed, Hoffritz slant, and Merkur 23C. I find that the razor makes a difference, but I generally get a weeks worth of shaving out of a blade.

7. The blades are the same, from what I know now there 'for sale the package black, I do not know if they have finished producing the white ones. The Wilkinson blades are good, and very cheap. Here are packaged 10 to 3.50 euros. They are not very durable, but personally I'm used to shaving with 1 to 2 blade and then throw it ....

8. ourlastdefeat

ourlastdefeat Member

I thought I heard something a while ago about the white Wilkies being made in England and the black ones being made in Germany, but I don't know if that is true or not. I am only able to get the black cased ones so I have never shaved with the white ones. I really like Wilkinson's and so because of that I haven't really needed to try any other razor brands, but one of these days :rolleyes:

9. Copernicus

Copernicus New Member

I just put one in my 62 Adjustable and it worked well for two shaves. The third was awful.

10. Kyhunter

Kyhunter Active Member

I get one maybe two shaves out of some I bought at walmart and I get better shaves out of some I got in a sampler. They are packaged differently and I do believe they are made differently.