What did we learn from our last shaves?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by youngunn, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

1) Personna Platinum Chrome blades work in everything
    2) The Schick Krona works with any blade

Apply YMMV where required.

Robyflexx likes this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I learned(actually from yesterday's shave)that I need the ICED subzero next summer.

ob1page likes this.
  3. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

That as much as I love aggressive razors, I'm not too fond of the Shavecraft Tech so far. I've only used it twice, but it seems to scrape a lot more than any of my others. It feels a little like the DEvette. I've tried a more shallow angle, but that doesn't seem to help either. I'm going to give it some more time, and try pairing it with some different handles, but this one might not make the rotation.

PickledNorthern and Robyflexx like this.
  4. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I agree with your take. I found the Tech to be a downright hateful piece of shaving gear, and I like aggressive razors too.

Linuxguile, Robyflexx and ob1page like this.
  5. dapper636

dapper636 Active Member

Blades - Astra, Polsilver, Voskhod, etc. - 3 and out is the rule for me - YMMV

Robyflexx and ob1page like this.
  6. Paul Turner

that it may be time for me to do a full second pass over my upper lip

7. Austinoire

Austinoire Active Member

Bad blades, bad blades, bad blades are REAL!

Robyflexx likes this.
  8. gwsmallwood

That my 37c actually gives a nice shave on my face. Single pass DFS, no irritation and just a touch of burn on the aftershave. I haven't used it on my head in over a year becuase it just didn't seem to work as well as my other razors, so I may need to try it again.

Robyflexx likes this.
  9. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

That vintage Schick injectors just might become my favorite. Looks like my middle grandson will be getting (most of) my collection early.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  10. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

I learned that using the Muhle R41 on consecutive days is a bit much for me.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

11. gwsmallwood

Try to stick with it for a week or two. I felt like that at first too, but my technique adapted to it pretty quickly.

Bama Samurai and youngunn like this.
  12. gwsmallwood

That Feathers give me razor burn. They give a really smooth shave, but no more so than my Perma-Sharp blades. I was hoping I might enjoy them more after staying away from them for about a year, but I think I've found another blade I can cross off of my list...

13. '65 G-Slim

That, in addition to my E Type Schick, my grandson won't be getting my GEM Junior. Sorry, kid.

14. Paul Turner

I learned that although I'm happy to have the Stirling Barbershop A.S. and Bath Soaps(received last week),I think it's best to use that in the fall&winter seasons. Tried it this morning(well, both), and ended up sweating bullets. Same thing happened when I did Clubman in the summertime a few years ago. If there's a day of low or zero humidity this summer, that may be safe enough to do a Barbershop.

15. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

That the Gillette Permasharp is not a good match for me with the Schick Krona.

16. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Try it with Derby. Yes, I just wrote that.

17. '65 G-Slim

That an L Type Schick loaded with a Personna twin feels really, really good.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  18. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Today I learned that I prefer the G-Bar unshimmed. I have a 1914 (my other favorite) due here this week and am curious to see if the same holds true for that razor.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  19. Sevenbark

Sevenbark Well-Known Member

I learned I had a pack of Keramik still around. I thought they were long gone. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

youngunn and barbersurgeon like this.
  20. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

The day I can't make good lather with Speick cream is the day I need to go back to canned goo.

Bama Samurai and barbersurgeon like this.