What did we learn from our last shaves?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by youngunn, Nov 8, 2014.

1. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

The Personna Red is my new favorite, it may be better for me than GSB. I'll be doing a back to back comparison at the end of the month

White731, waffen and Robyflexx like this.
  2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I realized I am rather fastidious about my handlebar 'stache, but not as punctilious as Poirot.

3. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

That a one pass with touch-ups shave with an injector gets me a closer shave than the same passes with a DE. This month's focus might be pushing me towards more and more injector usage......

ob1page likes this.
  4. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

First try with Kyle's Prep last night. On first try, I didn't notice much difference from my normal pre-shave routine. It will, however, help me to get through all of this software a little bit faster. 6 months into my sabbatical, and per my calculations I still have 1 year's worth of soap left. I'm also going to start investigating laser hair removal on my scalp to combat my recurring folliculitis. If I end up doing it, then I'll likely need to shave my head much less often, which means I may have enough soap left for the next 5 years...

White731 and ob1page like this.
  5. waffen

waffen Well-Known Member

I am on some blues right now I will be trying the reds soon, then maybe buying a hundred, hell

ob1page likes this.
  6. gwsmallwood

7. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

That holding my soap container upside down when I'm loading my brush produces fabulous results. :)

ob1page, White731 and PLAla like this.
  8. gwsmallwood

That the 2013 R41 with Spitfire cap is far and away my best single-pass face shaving razor.

ob1page and Robyflexx like this.
  9. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

ob1page likes this.
  10. Robyflexx

That a Pal Injecto-Matic is just as easy to use with my non-dominant hand. :)

shoe13950 and ob1page like this.
  11. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Unscented witch hazel smells quite bad. and the Cooper MonoBilt may be one of the easiest DE razors to shave with.

12. lance3114

lance3114 Member

I used to think the same, the scent actually grew on me a bit, I don't mind it anymore. I just learned that Mike's natural soap is top notch in all categories, I thought it would be good, but it was even better.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

ob1page likes this.
  13. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

I find the witch hazel a necessary step, and miss it when I am out.

ob1page likes this.
  14. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

I learned that my scratch-and-dent Maggard razor and a crappy old unplated handle can provide an amazing shave.

ob1page and mrchick like this.
  15. barbersurgeon

barbersurgeon Well-Known Member

The new to me Aristocrat will be a regular in the rotation.

ob1page and Jasman like this.
  16. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

I learned two things: 1) Razorock Don Marco is a very good shave soap. Very close and comfortable shave with it today. 2) I need to give my Omega 10005 beech wood boar brush more lineup time because it's a great performer.

ob1page likes this.
  17. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

Add some essential oil. If you like citrus I add grapefruit EO to my Thayers, smells fantastic. I'm going to be making another bottle with a spice base to go with my new Route 66 Barbershop Hop and Twisted Tweed. I just need to figure out which one to use.

Salty Belle, GatorJoe and Robyflexx like this.
  18. gwsmallwood

Or you could pick up some scented witch hazel. Thayers and Humphries both offer a few scented options. Or you can get some from the TSD Shop with any scent they offer...

19. navy mac

navy mac Well-Known Member

I learned that the king cobra has a very different angle of shaving. Ouch....

Fellowship of cold water shavers

Robyflexx and ob1page like this.
  20. Robyflexx

That Palmolive shave stick makes wonderful creamy, slick, sweet smelling lather. :)

Eeyore likes this.