Citrus Sundays

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by jimjo1031, Jul 26, 2016.

1. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

For everyone who likes citrus products, lemon, lime, orange, grapefruit, you know what I mean. I thought why not have Citrus Sundays, besides it kinda sounds better then Citrus Saturdays. It can also be a cross over for menthol lovers as many citrus products also come mentholated. And I just made up a batch of Orange After Shave to go along with my Orange PSO, Orange Soap and Orange Scented Witch Hazel.

Terry, picturerock, MR41 and 7 others like this.
  2. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Excellent idea ... I'll pull out a citrus soap this morning! Probably TFS Linea Intenso Bergamotto Neroli.

Edit: I did indeed. Lathered it with an Edwin Jagger Silvertip Fibre brush. Great combination.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  3. dangermouse

dangermouse Well-Known Member

'Citrus Sunday', sounds good. In my house, there is 'Fat Friday'; 'Sandalwood Saturday'; 'Menthol Monday'; 'Tabac Tuesday' and Palmolive any day :) I need to get out more!

4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

5. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

So, for the first citrus Sunday, I used my Stirling glacial lemon chill. It's a fantastic soap, with a great lather and slickness. The amount of menthol in this soap will cool you off even on the hottest of days.

Did I mention the scent? Lemon, lemon and more lemon! If you want citrus, this soap is it!

6. jimjo1031

Today I started Citrus Sunday with my Gillette New Short Comb head on a SS handle, with a Voskhod blade along with an FS badger brush. Used my orange PSO and orange soap, followed with an orange witch hazel and my orange freeze AS. It was a nice BBS shave and with the added menthol in the after shave, my face felt great........ IMG_0634.jpg

7. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Looks like a great shave!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. jimjo1031

That head has given me good shaves with any blade I've used so far in it.

9. bscarpenter

bscarpenter Well-Known Member

I try really hard not to shave on Sundays & I like menthol Monday's so in order not to miss out, I got some of this... It will WAKE YOU UP on a Monday morning, and if you are not careful might even bring a tear to your eye. Great stuff.

[​IMG]

10. jimjo1031

heard about it, even the soap. would like to try them out sometime

picturerock and Douglas Carey like this.
  11. bscarpenter

bscarpenter Well-Known Member

I got a combo of the soap and aftershave. The soap is not nearly as "mentholy" as the aftershave. I may try a combo of orange chill soap with lemon aftershave this Monday.

12. jimjo1031

Gillette Slim on #5, Voskhod Blade, Synthetic Brush, Orange PSO, Orange Soap, Orange Witch Hazel and Orange Menthol AS. Smooth and comfortable shave today.............. IMG_0654.jpg

13. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Today's shave was my 1958 fat boy and RazoRock Essential Oil of Lime. Not bad, nice soap, but the scent fades quickly.

Herm

14. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

SOTD August 7th
    [​IMG]

Ikon X3 Slant
    GSB(3)
    IB Amici
    Satin Tip The Purest
    Homemade Tangerine AS

The awesome grapefruit goodness of Amici and the sweet tangerine AS!

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

Terry, brit, picturerock and 3 others like this.
  15. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'm ready to go with this one next summer(along with something like Aqua Velva or Mennen).

16. Paul Turner

two things happened in 1958-the birth of the fat boy, and me being one year old. :)

17. jimjo1031

Nice BBS shave with the Gillette Super Speed, Ladas blade, "GW" Synthetic Brush, Orange PSO, Orange Menthol soap and Orange Menthol AS. 1961 Slim Vara.jpg

18. Paul Turner

I'd say a duo of this one and Mennen should do me well next summer.

19. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

Im more of a lime guy. I like their margaritas in the artic and gin and tonic soaps. Iced pineapple is very nice too

20. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Citrus Sunday for August 21. TSD Yin Yang is a lime and lavender scent. Citrusy, but with a twist in the lavender addition. Really nice stuff.

SOTD 8-21-16.JPG

Terry, brit, picturerock and 7 others like this.