The Haul: November 2017

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Oct 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Stopped in Big Lots tonight before we went to Golden Corral. There are noticeably fewer of those buck-fifty razors than before.

Keithmax, AGHisBBS, RyX and 5 others like this.
  2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I swear, every time I see a picture of a humble late '40s Super Speed, I think "You just can't beat 'em."

AGHisBBS, Jim99, mrchick and 2 others like this.
  3. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

I think I have 4 laying around to use as PIF razors but I've never used one. I went from a SS Flare to a 40s Arsitocrat and fell in love!

More than anything though I was excited to find both glass items for relatively cheap. Everytime I've seen the Barbacide glass in my area its 35 bucks give or take and I've also seen the Barbasol bar for around 30 near me.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Jorvaljr, AGHisBBS, Jim99 and 5 others like this.
  4. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

They sold fast at our local Dollar Tree.

5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I feel lucky to have a friend pick one up for me.
    Pacific05.JPG
    Pacific06.JPG Pacific07.JPG Pacific08.JPG

6. jimjo1031

AGHisBBS, EnglishChannel and Jayaruh like this.
  7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Has anyone used the blades yet?

sdguero likes this.
  8. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

Same here... last time I was in the Dollar Tree I saw one left inside a bin of disposable cartridges so I grabbed it. I wonder if they're going to re-stock? I didn't ask.

EnglishChannel and mrchick like this.
  9. sdguero

10. jimjo1031

AGHisBBS, EnglishChannel and sdguero like this.
  11. sdguero

I used that Pacific blade one time, and I didn't like it.... had a lot of tugging, but in fairness, I only tried the one blade. @EnglishChannel used the same blade several times and had more luck with it.

Linuxguile, Jayaruh, RyX and 3 others like this.
  12. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

7 barber hone lot. 2swaty’s a double duck reliance hgh&co and 2 mystery hones. 42C118A9-EFC1-4221-BA3B-B1D27C5D53D0.jpeg 00600F98-4C32-493E-A63C-ADB13B1DD842.jpeg

Keithmax, Drygulch, Misphit and 13 others like this.
  13. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

My stirling package was waiting for me today...that 2 band synthie is UNREAL, I didnt think there would be a big difference between that and my pilsoft's, but I was wrong...so soft and luxurious.

The Christmas eve soap is a great scent..It is EXACTLY as it is named and I find it to not just be something you would pull out around Christmas, but a good fall/winter scent...If you are like me and do enjoying having soaps/scents for times of the year, then you will love this one... The vanilla bean espresso isnt my kind of scent, but it was one I wanted my wife to try out and she seems to like the scent so all is well.

Drygulch, jimjo1031, Enrico and 9 others like this.
  14. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Pre-MonoBilt Cooper's were designed to use Cooper's proprietary blade. These are far more common than the later Cooper's, which were designed to use both Cooper and Gillette blades.

The older Cooper's can be ground down to accept Gillette blades.

That's all I know about them.

Edit: and I still have and often use my Cooper MonoBilt.

jtspartan, Herm2502, AGHisBBS and 7 others like this.
  15. jimjo1031

I've also heard that using the right size paper punch to enlarge the center hole of a modern DE blade will also work.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    Herm2502, AGHisBBS, PLANofMAN and 2 others like this.
  16. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This Arrived Today..A Mint NOS LesTrail Solingen Finest Silver Steel 5/8th..It Looks as if it was Made Just this Morning..This is How it Came..I Just had to Wipe Off the Factory Grease..:D

Billy..:chores016:

Keithmax, Drygulch, Misphit and 15 others like this.
  17. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I did. Reminds me of a Dorco, though I know it isn't. Shaved acceptably well.

AGHisBBS, Jim99, sdguero and 3 others like this.
  18. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

2nd or maybe 3rd shave with this Chinese blade, in the President. 3 days growth. Shave was a bit rough, time to pitch it, but BBS and feeling fine after witch hazel. They're not great blades but they are serviceable and do shave okay.

19. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

While you’re wiping off the factory grease from the razor, I’m wiping off the drool from my chin.

That is one fantastic find!

20. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

:thanks:It is a Fantastic Find for Sure..There was a Few Low Ball Bidders at the Last Moment..I Got it for a Song..:sport026:

Billy..:chores016:

sdguero, Linuxguile, mrchick and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.