Silly Trends

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by DaltonGang, Jan 18, 2018.

1. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

People who use old style razors and shaving products. I've heard these kooks even have a web site where they talk about shaving gear and share their shaving experiences!

Ursa, brit, Edison Carter and 9 others like this.
  2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

They were an '80s thing.

brit and James_P like this.
  3. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

I have several pairs. I'm in IT. It's much easier to pull tools out of a pocket at the knee than to try to hold a toolbox in a ceiling. Those tool belts don't cut it for a toner tracker, etc. My complaint about them is that they're so damned baggy, so they catch on things.

They do make some glasses like this specifically for exercising the eyes. I doubt that's what you were seeing, however.

Lawn Darts - why do people keep making a fuss over these? I mean, you can do JUST as much damage by playing croquet, if you get a fool that thinks it's golf. They're weighted darts that you throw. Okay - why do people blame the darts for someone being in the target zone? That's like blaming hail for hitting you in the head.

fidget spinner. I have one that looks like a brass ship's wheel behind me. I pull it out periodically when I need some sort of motion, but I can't really go moving around much. I'm a hyperactive. (I need to re-press the bearing, however. Somehow it crept out to one side. I just haven't put it in a vise yet)

To me, the biggest silly trend right now is 'Crypto Currency'. You can't hold it, it's easy for people to steal, and if you forget a password, you'll never have it again..

4. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Clip-on earrings are a handy alternative.

brit and Redfisher like this.
  5. wristwatchb

Pink hair
    Teens with tattoos
    Pierced tongues
    Kids with mobile phones
    Penguins
    Starbucks
    Getting cross-eyed stares when you take a pocket knife out of your pocket
    "Paper or plastic?"
    "Vegan"

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    brit, barbersurgeon and Redfisher like this.
  6. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Pokemon Go is a rediculous trend. I know people that are 50+ years old that play that stupid game. Not to mention it uses your camera to link reality with virtual reality. Plus people walking off cliffs and jumping out in traffic to catch a Charzard lol. It defies reason and common sense.

brit, Redfisher and NCoxSTL like this.
  7. SHAVEWIZARD420

Lol I rember those clackers. They were fun but drove everyone else nuts.

brit and Redfisher like this.
  8. SHAVEWIZARD420

I don't understand why they portray Col. Sanders this way. He looks and acts like a southern plantation slave owner. The fact that they specialize in fried chicken really drives the message home. In this day and age rascism is presented in this "hidden" or backdoor kind of way. Everytime I see a KFC commercial it makes me imbarassed to be white because it reflects poorly on all of us.

Sorry for the rant.

Killerflyingbugs, brit and Redfisher like this.
  9. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

We had three guys who were robbed playing it. Somebody set up one of the Pokemon or whatever for people to chase to their location, then would rob them at gunpoint. Yeah, who didn't see that one coming eventually?

10. wristwatchb

Pinky rings

brit and NCoxSTL like this.
  11. wristwatchb

Mood rings

12. wristwatchb

Toe rings

13. Marine68

Marine68 Well-Known Member

I am going to say it. Being gay it seems to have become a trend. Heck you have very young teens claiming they are gay. At that age you don't know anything. Now that is just silly.

brit, Enrico, Redfisher and 4 others like this.
  14. SHAVEWIZARD420

Lol yea I heard of things like that happening. Aparently in my neighborhood you have to walk thru this dark alley behind the liquor store, it must be some kind of checkpoint or something but why they chose this location is baffeling.

brit, NCoxSTL and Marine68 like this.
  15. SHAVEWIZARD420

How about parents saying their 2 year old is a "transgender" because he likes the color purple (or some other rediculous reason). I really feel bad for the younger generation, they will be completely confused and screwed up when they grow up. It's all part of the agenda.

Enrico, Redfisher, richgem and 2 others like this.
  16. Marine68

I feel sorry for them also but I feel worse for us as they are the future leaders. God help us all.

Enrico and Redfisher like this.
  17. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I have to deal with teens, almost everyday, and its scary to see the number who are diagnosed Depressed, Bipolar, ADHD, Opositional Defiant, etc. A huge amount are prescribed mood altering medications. I blame the computers, and social media for confusing them all. As well as parents afraid to discipline their own kids. Instead, it straight to the therapist, or Psychiatrist.
    And yes, they are screwed up as they turn into adults.
    Unlimited Cell Phone/Internet Use by Kids. That's the worst trend I known.

18. Marine68

Lets bring back an old trend called butt whipping.....

brit, Preacher, Enrico and 3 others like this.
  19. richgem

You're right! Vegan plastic penguins with pocket knives and tattoos are just way over the line!

20. richgem

But nose rings are fine??

brit, Redfisher and wristwatchb like this.