Need Advice on Polishing Schick F-Type Injector

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by 120inna55, Jul 24, 2018.

1. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

I have 2 Schick F-Types en route. I've polished nickel and other alloys before using MAAS and a soft cloth. However, I'm not certain what the copper-toned spring head of the F-Type is made of.

Appleby's guide says, "copper and alloy head" but it also says, "spring and cap integral, of brass."

So is it just copper or is it brass (copper/zinc alloy)?

What's the best (and safest) way to polish it?

Thanks!

Hodge, Jorvaljr and RyX like this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

I don't have the answer, but I'm going to be watching for replies. A type F is on my want list so knowing how to restore to it's former beauty is banking info for future use.

Without digging deep to know what Tom @twhite used when he built The Bunny, I've used Mothers Aluminum Polish. It keeps my Bunny looking good. Both aluminum and copper (or brass) are relatively soft metals so a very fine abrasive ought to mechanically remove oxidation.

AGHisBBS and Jorvaljr like this.
  3. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

2? Damn ! Lol I’m just looking for one! I have an empty case I’m trying to fill. Congrats on your finds

Jrdelgado and RyX like this.
  4. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

The head and the spring cap are definately different materials. There a number of regular regular food items in your kitchen that work well without having to resort to harsh chemicals. I tried Tabasco with pretty good results....

RyX likes this.
  5. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

RyX likes this.