Gamechanger..... RazoRock is on point!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Str8on2, Apr 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Well just got done my 8th daily shave with my new Razorock Game Changer .84 razor and it's a keeper. As bought with radio nob handle and .84 base plate it weighed in at 3.7 oz(105 grams) and handles well for it's heft IMO. The shaves I received are standard DFS>CCS>BBS consistently and that is great if you are a daily shaver like my self. I put the razor through the paces with different soaps, J hooking, Gillette slide, buffing but stayed with a Gillette standard 7 oClock SP and one shave with a Astra SP and just normal routine shaving. It cleans easily because of the 3 pc system and putting the blade on base plate instead of cap is different but I did it both ways with no problems with finally alignment of blade. The quality is very high IMO like others have mentioned but there always different visual effects that can be done to make it stand out even nicer I guess like gold plating, safety bar dimples .... .I believe for $49.99-$54.99 US depending on the handle & also made of 316 stainless steel that I got my money's worth for a nice DE razor.
    This is just my opinion were the razor falls in Aggressive & efficiency ball park estimation.
    Razorock Game changer .84.jpg

Other comparisons if interested

New razor aggression chart of most of my razors approxmate areas of concern..jpg

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    Str8on2 and Linuxguile like this.
  2. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Well done, sir.... :happy088:

Ron R and Linuxguile like this.
  3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

That GOLD looks reaaall good.

Ron R likes this.
  4. Nicked

Nicked Well-Known Member

Definitely wanting to pick up one of these with the more aggressive baseplate.

Ron R likes this.
  5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

I'm really enjoying my Razorock Game Changer .84 with radio knob handle, it seems they really hit a nice sweet spot with not to much blade positive exposure and just about right blade gap provides a decent consistent(DFS>BBS) shave(Medium beard type). Using one of my favorite blades Personna red and just getting great results.:eatdrink047::happy108:

Str8on2, Spud, luv2shave and 2 others like this.
  6. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

luv2shave likes this.
  7. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me if there’s blade overhang or is the blade completely covered? Thanks

Linuxguile likes this.
  8. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

The blade tabs are completely covered.

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

Spud likes this.
  9. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Thanks

10. Str8on2

Hadn’t used the GC in a bit as I was participating in the OCtober event and got it on with some of my favorite open comb razors. Honestly though, I hadn’t shaved with the GC in over a month and tonight was the night for this smooth operator. And it delivered. Had the .84 base plate and an Astra SP installed. Just an excellent combination of smoothness & efficiency with just a touch more blade feel than the .68 version. You really can’t go wrong with either base plate as a daily shaver. But, I give the nod to the .84 as it gives me the feel and comfort that I look for in a daily. Not that I use it daily but, if I were it would be the one. Alongside my Dart and my Single Ring and my Rex and my Old Type and my...... :innocent

7BE4023C-CB65-45BA-A382-A918630388C3.jpeg

Linuxguile, kfbrady and Ron R like this.
  11. Str8on2

Been lost in trying out new razors (modern & vintage, new for me) for the past couple months and haven’t had this piece in the rotation during that time. Today was the day. Man, a nearly effortless 3 pass shave that was smooth and relaxing. The RR GC .84 has just about the right combination in both smoothness and efficiency. Great balance with the Super Knurl handle and grip that means business. Just a regular, non-chalant, ho-hum shave that was uneventful. When you don’t have to think about your shave and just get it done in a relaxing kind of way, it means the razor is doing its job the way it was meant and designed to do. Superbly uneventful......
    410FE1B3-1C65-48FD-8285-3A44C97A140D.jpeg

brit and Nicked like this.
  12. Nicked

Nicked Well-Known Member

A fav or mine as well, most often pair w/ Rapira Platinum, then Gillette Platinum Thai and the Treet Platinum Super Stainless. Though the Vokshod Teflon coated blade is also very nice in this one.

Str8on2 likes this.
  13. Str8on2

The Muhle R41 gave a superb shave that nearly lasted 16 hours with just a feint hint of stubble that showed up at about 11:30 this morning. So, this evening at 7:30, the stubble was still light but it was in full mode all over. Out came the GC .84 with the Super Knurl. Slapped the same Gillette Silver Blue from last night and nothing but smooth sailing. No irritation, nics, weepers, cuts, nada. The GC is a finely made tool that will give a man an honestly good comfy and close shave. Just a smooth and clean finish that set me up for a 3 finger serving of The MACALLAN Triple Casked Scotch 12 year vintage. Just as good or better than the shave. Life is good.....

2EE3167D-CBA1-4C02-BEC5-526041BB8786.jpeg

koenfucius, GatorJoe and brit like this.
  14. Str8on2

An earlier post today from Joe at Razorock......

A batch of Game Changer .68-P is coming in a 7-10 days for those waiting. The RazoRock Lupo and Switch razors should be ready for sale in 15-20 days. The RazoRock Open Comb Game Changers should be ready in 3-4 weeks, both OC models will in available for the initial launch.

15. Linuxguile

Bye bye money!

brit, Nicked and Str8on2 like this.
  16. Str8on2

You ain’t kidding!! :angry032: ;)

brit, Linuxguile and Nicked like this.
  17. Nicked

Nicked Well-Known Member

Well add yet another stick to the list, a GG .84 OC must be acquired...along with the new blackland slant (polished) when it drops and a stainless DE paradigm when that next batch surfaces.

brit, Linuxguile and Str8on2 like this.
  18. Paul Turner

Just make sure you have enough Stoylin before the RR blitz(but I'm sure you do).

Linuxguile likes this.
  19. Linuxguile

I only have 21, do you think that'll be enough?

20. Paul Turner

Let me think about that for a long time yes. :)

Linuxguile likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.