Whipped Dog question

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by G22inSC, Oct 28, 2018.

1. G22inSC

G22inSC Member

I am in the market for a new brush and was going to pick up a larger WD synthetic to match one of my other ones. Tried to order from his site and it appears the “order” buttons are dead links. Been away from the forums for a while and didn’t know if it was just an temporary issue or has he closed up shop. Thought it was off as I see he hasn’t posted to his Facebook page since mid 2017. Does anyone here know?

RyX and Douglas Carey like this.
  2. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Haven't heard anything.

3. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

His site isn't exactly run like normal websites. Send him an email and he'll talk to you about the selection first. Like a consultation That's how I've gotten to him quick.

larryandro@whippeddog.com

Herm2502, Demidog, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

Been a couple years back, but that's how I bought products from him. An email describing what I was looking for, in my case it was a 5/8 round tip straight and a starter strop. He answered quickly, and shipped the same.

5. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Same here about the same experience. No complaints on Larry"s service.

Frijolero likes this.
  6. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Doesn't he even say as much right there on the main page?

7. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

8. G22inSC

G22inSC Member

Tracked him down. Thanks guys.

Herm2502, dmshaver, RyX and 2 others like this.
  9. dmshaver

dmshaver Well-Known Member

I ordered from him just a couple of months ago & that's how it worked for me too. The Order button doesn't work, you need to email him. I'm very happy with my 24mm high mountain from him.

RaZorBurn123 and luv2shave like this.
  10. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

Since your question was already answered, I'd just like to add that the synthetic that I bought from him is excellent. I went from a Maggard synthetic to a RazoRock Plissoft but neither quite worked for me. I got the Whipped Dog synthetic a few years ago and I haven't used another brush since then.

He has added a lot more synthetic knots since then and I don't know if he still has the same supplier but if you end up with the same knot as me, then you have definitely made a great purchase.

luv2shave and dmshaver like this.
  11. luv2shave

luv2shave Active Member

Can you post pictures of the brush ?

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

RyX likes this.
  12. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

I posted by review a while back over here. The pictures are dead but somehow they turned up in an image search - kind of weird that some site is archiving random pictures like this but saves me the trouble of trying to dig it up on one of my hard drives.

[​IMG]

The Whipped Dog is the butterscotch brush on the right, black one is the Plissoft. The knots look the same but the Whipped Dog is 200% better for my face, much softer and less abrasive.

13. Pete123

Pete123 Well-Known Member

no buy buttons on his site. I've been very pleased in my dealings with him.

dmshaver and RyX like this.
  14. Daytonkb

Daytonkb Well-Known Member

Larry is a great guy and easy to deal with. Bought a brush from him special made for my wife, for leg shaving!

Demidog, RyX and Zykris like this.