April 2019 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Mar 31, 2019.

?

Is Arko on the menu for you this month? Or Adjustable?

1. ARKO BABY!!! EVERY FREAKING SHAVE!!!!

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  2. ADJUSTABLES BABY!!! EVERY FREAKING SHAVE!!!!

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  3. Arko is a part of it but not every shave.

15 vote(s)
    36.6%
  4. Adjustables sometimes but not every shave.

19 vote(s)
    46.3%
  5. What's Arko??

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  6. Adjustable - what??

6 vote(s)
    14.6%
  7. Just hand me my cookies and be done with it.

10 vote(s)
    24.4%
  8. I want extra ice cream on my cookies for ignoring ice cream in the last poll.

9 vote(s)
    22.0%
  9. Can't we all just eat cookies and ice cream and get along???

17 vote(s)
    41.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Robert, you just can't give the phrases without the meaning! This Northern boy wants to know!

2. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Busiest April ever!!!!! And still a day to go! Once again you guys have made this a fantastic month. For our international crowd and the totally impatient - HERE'S MAY!

3. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

There is a town in Alabama called Slap Out. It got its name from the small hardware store that was on the side of the road. Most of the time if you went in and needed something they were "slap out". True story.

4. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Love the bunny.....now get some rest.

Linuxguile, 9nein9, clint64 and 6 others like this.
  5. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Slap full means stuffed. In the case of food, can't eat another bite.

6. RyX

RyX DoH!

You most certainly should! Keep in mind they aren't just tiny lobster. Boiled rather than steamed and traditionally in heavily spiced water. The sides are a big part of the meal; small red skinned potatoes, corn on the cob, and if the cook is experienced possibly asparagus, mushrooms, quartered onions, whole garlic, and other veggies that go well with cayenne pepper and melted butter.
    To get the true Southern effect they ought to be eaten out doors on a picnic table covered with newspaper. Since the purchase point is " A Sack" which weighs 35-40 pounds it tends to be a family or group activity. Usually the menfolk start early by going out to purchase the sack of crawfish, and the obligatory cold beers to be consumed while washing the mudbugs. Much like those cold water tanks in grocery stores where you might choose a lobster, crawfish are caught and sold live. Getting them out of the traps, into a boat, and to the market ought to be a quick trip. Once you get them home they get dumped into an ice chest or two and covered with fresh water. This flushes the mud out and give the guys a chance to drink a few beers and sort out any dead crawfish. Depending on timing and quantity of beers available, you might rinse em once or three times. While that's happening the boiling pot and basket ought to be heating up and start cooking veggies. The cooked stuff is kept in a couple clean ice chest and scooped onto serving trays to be eaten as hot as possible. Another beer?

7. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Tuesday Shave:

The Noble Otter arrived yesterday so I want to give it a spin today. The stars were aligned resulting in an epic shave.

Irritation A+ Closeness A+ Smoothness A+ Sharpness A

Razor: Takehana Feon 72 6/8 full hollow
    Strop: Drygulch Black Latigo
    Brush: Romero Manchurian
    Pre: Nivea
    Soap: Noble Otter
    AS: Florida Water AS, Stirling ASB
    Scent: Terre De Hermes

IMG_6444.jpg

8. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Good luck with the move Perry, it sounds like you will a few busy days.

9. Trigger

Thanks for the play- by-play Rick! To be honest, I don't eat things that don't look appealing. Hey, there are people that eat chocolate covered ants. The only way that I will attempt to eat crawfish is to down about 5 beers and the meat separated from the head. By the way, my limit is 2 drinks and that's it so I won't be eating crawfish any time soon. Lol!

10. Trigger

Great shave, Keith!

Linuxguile, Hembree, 9nein9 and 5 others like this.
  11. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Thank you, Gentlemen.
    I really dislike not being up to date on the thread.

12. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Not shave related but...this needs to be said.
    Was a long hard day today. Never seen my girlfriend so broken down before and that really hurts . Losing 2 people she dearly loved in a month has really got to get to anyone. Its been a difficult trying month for us but you fellas kept our spirits up. Just wanted to say one more time...a big heartfelt THANK YOU to everyone who prayed or sent condolences. You guys gave me the strength to keep it together to be strong for her when she was at her weakest. This is more than a shave forum to me , its like my second family. When someone is down , the posts start pouring in to pick that person up. That makes my heart swell to know I'm amongst such a caring , wonderful group of people. And for that I thank my stars for finding the 30DC. Thanks again gentlemen, I treasure your friendships . Patrick

13. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

There was a time in my life when, as a traveling suit, I was required to shave every day. Back then I would have grabbed one of those deluxe shaving tools in an instant. While engineered, mechanical functioning razors have their fair share of critics, it is very easy for me to see reasonable life applications. Many are offended by the simple technique you describe to get you desired end result. Yes, I called it a technique because it is. It is just different from that which is required for other tools.

Today, I shave daily because I enjoy it. Having gotten to the place where I had the time and resources to take up open edge tools, I found it rewarding in many ways. I encourage others that are able to give it a try. There could easily come a time when I am unable to continue in this fashion. I'd sure like to have some options.

Is is refreshing to have a place to freely share the available options that are available to us. I've observed many who regularly post about shaves with cartridges. I think I even read about someone getting a satisfactory result using a rechargeable in the shower.

Thank you for sharing Clint.

14. matthewoli98

matthewoli98 Well-Known Member

I know it must be hard,
    Im here if you ever need someone to speak to.

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

15. matthewoli98

SOTD:
    Todays shave was my second with the Aristocrat this week, and what a shave! I'm not used to using such mild razor's anymore, and it was the perfect setup for a speed shave.

The Col Conk performed wonderfully, producing super slick lather, and the feather blade cut through stubble, although not as effortlessly as it once did although it did shave without tugging.

That status aftershave is really growing on me, that stuff is absolutely fantastic!

Razor: Gillette aristocrat barber pole handle 1948
    Blade: feather hi-stainless (28)
    Soap: Col Conk lime
    Brush: dischem synthetic
    Aftershave Balm:aquaous cream
    Aftershave: status for men [​IMG]

16. brit

brit in a box

thank you sir..

Linuxguile, Trigger, Hembree and 4 others like this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

very nice shave sir.. love the aristocrat..

18. brit

brit in a box

great job sir, nice shave..

19. matthewoli98

Thanks! I absolutely love this razor.

20. brit

brit in a box

one of my favs as well for many reasons, enjoy and look after it sir,they are getting harder to come by in nice condition and affordable prices..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.