Your Pipe of The Day.

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by KcHighLife, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

Bekler's work is seriously detailed.

BamaT likes this.
  2. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

I too own a Beckler:
    DSCN0817.JPG

RyX, The-Pipe-Smoker, BamaT and 3 others like this.
  3. Preacher

I really like that pipe. In looking at meers, I'm amazed at the level of detail that can be found in some of these works of art.

RyX, The-Pipe-Smoker, BamaT and 3 others like this.
  4. AGHisBBS

This is a lattice meerschaum by SMS. This must have been a real pain to carve.
    DSCN0822.JPG

5. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

Beautiful pipe. I have two of the 4th Generation pipes and they've become my favorites, even bumping out my Ser Jacopos.

RyX, AGHisBBS, BamaT and 1 other person like this.
  6. Preacher

I hear you. I have a few Ser Jacopos that I love. I have always wondered about the skill required to carve a lattice.

AGHisBBS, BamaT and brit like this.
  7. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

I really like the design on that pipe. My,one and only Meer is a smooth Dublin shape.

RyX and AGHisBBS like this.
  8. The-Pipe-Smoker

The-Pipe-Smoker Well-Known Member

9. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I got in 2 pipes on the way to work today.

A nice Kaywoodie (going to a new home soon I think)

20190527_232837.jpg
    And a favorite basket pipe

20190527_233018.jpg

Both with Prince Albert.

Bird Lives, RyX, AGHisBBS and 2 others like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

very cool..

11. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

In love cigars. But I think pipes are more relaxing before work.

RyX, AGHisBBS and brit like this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

another form of art i like to look at sir..will ditch the cigs but pipes are cool..

RyX, BamaT and AGHisBBS like this.
  13. RyX

RyX DoH!

Received a shipment yesterday. Some old favorites, and a couple small amounts of bulk to try blending.
    GLPease Jack Knife Plug.jpg
    G L Pease Jack Knife Plug transferred from the cardboard "tin" to a glass jar. Three of the brownies stacked on edge filled the lower portion of the container. Using the paper separator supplied in the tin, I sliced 3/4's of a plug.
    POTD 06122019.jpg Loaded this Kaywoody Magnum and listened to the sparse day time traffic whizz by. Tin note of this blend of dark Kentucky & Red Virginia sandwiched around golden flue cured is Umami - savory. Notes of Slim Jim beef Sticks or grilled hot dogs.

Other items in the shipment? A couple aromatics to see how they blend with the bulks in my cellar. Couple tins of Escudo. Curious about the mint, and I keep hoping to figure out how to duplicate Peterson's University Flake. I saw it's not available, but read it's coming back. Not sure if the raspberry will do it, but it'll be interesting none the less.

Bama Samurai, AGHisBBS, BamaT and 2 others like this.
  14. RyX

RyX DoH!

POTD 06142019.gif
    Peter Stokkebye Deluxe Navy Flake (PS400) in the Jobey Stromboli #225. I forgot how satisfying the tobacco is. Glad it's back in stock!

15. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I do enjoy Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls

ID - 1.jpg

AGHisBBS, BamaT, Erik Redd and 2 others like this.
  16. RyX

RyX DoH!

The Dunhill NR compares favorably to Escudo. Have you tried both? I've enjoyed a couple Dunhill products but haven't sample the Navy Rolls since the label got picked up, again.

AGHisBBS, BamaT, Keithmax and 2 others like this.
  17. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I am not sure, I think I have tried the Escudo. I mostly smoke cigars and smoke a pipe just a couple times a month.

RyX likes this.
  18. RyX

RyX DoH!

I'll restate that to clarify - I've read that those two are found to be similar. I do enjoy the Escudo and will be checking up on Dunhill's similar blend!

19. AGHisBBS

To the best of my knowledge Dunhill is no longer selling pipe tobacco. Search your local brick & mortar for the last of the tins.

BamaT, brit and RyX like this.
  20. RyX

RyX DoH!

POTD 06202019 H&H A K.gif Fresh shipment of Hearth & Home Anniversary Kake. Slightly moist so it could do with the newspaper treatment or a bit of dehumidifying for a bowl. Enjoyed it in the T.Cristiano that Chris @Bama Samurai share as a matching pair. I'm headed out to find a cob pipe for an neighbor. He's had one hip replacement, waiting for it to heal so as to schedule the other one. I've told him sometimes you need to slow down and enjoy a quiet moment. Then to the post office.
    (;) at Tony @BamaT )

BamaT, AGHisBBS and brit like this.