Your Pipe of The Day.

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by KcHighLife, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

Bekler's work is seriously detailed.

BamaT likes this.
  2. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

I too own a Beckler:
    DSCN0817.JPG

RyX, The-Pipe-Smoker, BamaT and 3 others like this.
  3. Preacher

I really like that pipe. In looking at meers, I'm amazed at the level of detail that can be found in some of these works of art.

RyX, The-Pipe-Smoker, BamaT and 3 others like this.
  4. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

This is a lattice meerschaum by SMS. This must have been a real pain to carve.
    DSCN0822.JPG

5. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

Beautiful pipe. I have two of the 4th Generation pipes and they've become my favorites, even bumping out my Ser Jacopos.

RyX, AGHisBBS, BamaT and 1 other person like this.
  6. Preacher

I hear you. I have a few Ser Jacopos that I love. I have always wondered about the skill required to carve a lattice.

AGHisBBS, BamaT and brit like this.
  7. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

I really like the design on that pipe. My,one and only Meer is a smooth Dublin shape.

RyX and AGHisBBS like this.
  8. The-Pipe-Smoker

The-Pipe-Smoker Active Member

9. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I got in 2 pipes on the way to work today.

A nice Kaywoodie (going to a new home soon I think)

20190527_232837.jpg
    And a favorite basket pipe

20190527_233018.jpg

Both with Prince Albert.

10. brit

brit Well-Known Member

very cool..

11. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

In love cigars. But I think pipes are more relaxing before work.

RyX, AGHisBBS and brit like this.
  12. brit

brit Well-Known Member

another form of art i like to look at sir..will ditch the cigs but pipes are cool..

RyX, BamaT and AGHisBBS like this.
  13. RyX

RyX DoH! Staff Member

Received a shipment yesterday. Some old favorites, and a couple small amounts of bulk to try blending.
    GLPease Jack Knife Plug.jpg
    G L Pease Jack Knife Plug transferred from the cardboard "tin" to a glass jar. Three of the brownies stacked on edge filled the lower portion of the container. Using the paper separator supplied in the tin, I sliced 3/4's of a plug.
    POTD 06122019.jpg Loaded this Kaywoody Magnum and listened to the sparse day time traffic whizz by. Tin note of this blend of dark Kentucky & Red Virginia sandwiched around golden flue cured is Umami - savory. Notes of Slim Jim beef Sticks or grilled hot dogs.

Other items in the shipment? A couple aromatics to see how they blend with the bulks in my cellar. Couple tins of Escudo. Curious about the mint, and I keep hoping to figure out how to duplicate Peterson's University Flake. I saw it's not available, but read it's coming back. Not sure if the raspberry will do it, but it'll be interesting none the less.

Bama Samurai, AGHisBBS, BamaT and 2 others like this.
  14. RyX

RyX DoH! Staff Member

POTD 06142019.gif
    Peter Stokkebye Deluxe Navy Flake (PS400) in the Jobey Stromboli #225. I forgot how satisfying the tobacco is. Glad it's back in stock!

BamaT, Erik Redd and brit like this.
  15. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I do enjoy Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls

ID - 1.jpg

BamaT, Erik Redd, brit and 1 other person like this.
  16. RyX

RyX DoH! Staff Member

The Dunhill NR compares favorably to Escudo. Have you tried both? I've enjoyed a couple Dunhill products but haven't sample the Navy Rolls since the label got picked up, again.

17. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I am not sure, I think I have tried the Escudo. I mostly smoke cigars and smoke a pipe just a couple times a month.

RyX likes this.
  18. RyX

RyX DoH! Staff Member

I'll restate that to clarify - I've read that those two are found to be similar. I do enjoy the Escudo and will be checking up on Dunhill's similar blend!