2019 Traveling Box Tour Round Two

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by stingraysrock, May 24, 2019.

1. brit

brit in a box

awesome Aaron..great news..looking fine..:)

S Barnhardt, RyX and ordinaryshaver like this.
  2. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Clean shaven I see

RyX, Enrico and brit like this.
  3. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Daddy on the other hand......

4. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

So....what’s the 20 on the box everybody?

RyX likes this.
  5. RyX

RyX DoH!

The Box is currently in my possession. I've dawdled a little bit. Need to wrap it up and move it along. I will delicate the needed time today to documenting my takes & gives, get it wrapped up, and ship out tomorrow.

MR41 and brit like this.
  6. RyX

RyX DoH!

So with that in mind I have a question. Can anyone identify these two cap and base combos? The left column of photos is a Slant. The right makes me think R89.
    TTB Two top ends.gif

brit likes this.
  7. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

I did not add those sir.

RyX and brit like this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

they look bent sir..;)

RyX and Jrdelgado like this.
  9. Jrdelgado

:happy102:

RyX and brit like this.
  10. RyX

RyX DoH!

brit and Jrdelgado like this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

cool looking razor ..as usual i poke fun at something i know little about..:)

RyX likes this.
  12. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I'll stand by my opinion of the left, rr german37. The right is a muhle r89, or a de89 from edwin jagger (also made by muhle). I've also got a de branded Jack Black, and another marked bog, 20190908_141130.jpg 20190908_141104_resized.jpg same exact head.

Enrico, brit and RyX like this.
  13. RyX

RyX DoH!

No offense taken Gary. I know you know more about vintage 3pc Gillettes that the average guy. Haven't tried a Slant yet? I've only used one other - a 1930's German Lutz. It does give good shave two different ways - it has a mild & an aggressive side on the base plate.
    That one did look familiar. I passed a Muhle R89 Grande on some time in the past. Found it quite mild which makes it a good first razor for a New Shaver or folks who like that small window of function. I like em with big blade exposure and on the aggressive / efficient side.

brit likes this.
  14. RyX

RyX DoH!

...And The Traveling Box is packed & ready to ship. I left it out and open but with a "Don't dig in it!" warning for the kids. Our takes as far as I recall include a Schick Type H "The Hussy", 2 small Gerber multitools, and a larger pink one. Avon Spicy in a spark plug decanter, a tube of Old Spice cream, a puck of C&E Lime soap, one snurdle dipper, that Slant cap and base plate discusses above, one restored Certifyd shave brush with a Tuxedo knot, & a VieLong hose hair brush. If other items got snaked out of The Box I may never know.

Gives included a Single Ring (1921 I think) in a sliver colored purple lined box, a Schick Krona DE, one kangaroo scrotum coin purse from Australia (where else would that come from?), a Gillette NEW long comb 3pc DE, a Chinese TTO in a travel case that was a switcharoo when I ordered a Futur clone, and some massive Mardi Gras beads from this passed Springs parades to fill the voids. I'm probably forgetting something... things.

Shipping tomorrow! After a rewind to Page One I see it's headed back to Jeff @stingraysrock to finish this Round Two. Did I hear folks talking about a Third go? I'll have to sit it out. I'm running out of good trade goods to balance my takes!

15. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

1 of the 2 on the right is an R89 clone.. I don’t know about the slant.

RyX and brit like this.
  16. Jrdelgado

Awesome gives Sir!

brit and RyX like this.
  17. ordinaryshaver

Glad you liked the old spice cream. It's a top 10 of mine.

RyX and brit like this.
  18. RyX

RyX DoH!

I've been seeing it available from India on the bay. Haven't found an Old Spice product I don't like yet. Besides vintage Shulton AS & Cologne, I've enjoyed modern AS, bar soap, & deodorant. The cream was snagged untested but I suspect I will enjoy it followed by a restocking order. I hear it comes in lime, too.

brit likes this.
  19. ordinaryshaver

I have the lime version, it doesn't smell much at all like limes.

RyX and brit like this.
  20. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Glad you'll enjoy the knives and Hussy ..... sorry it wasn't in better shape.

RyX likes this.