Cleaned 2 Brushes Up A Little

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Dirtfarmer, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Dirtfarmer

Dirtfarmer Well-Known Member

I got kinda bored today and since I was stuck close to home, I thought I would try to clean a couple of brushes up a little. The cream and red Burma brush was in pretty good shape. I just sanded out the manufacturing seams, sanded to 1200, 2000, 2500 and buffed with finishing compound. It came out better than I expected as this was my first attempt at this. The green and white one I (I forgot the brand name) still has a ways to go but I wanted to see what the green was going to come out like. I done the same routine with it but it needs to be sanded again on the white. The bottom was in pretty rough shape and I didn't want to loose all the lettering so I went pretty easy on it. I forgot to take pics of the red and white on before I started but I'm sure everybody knows about the seams. IMG_0722 (2).JPG IMG_0723 (2).JPG IMG_0724 (2).JPG IMG_0725 (2).JPG IMG_0726 (2).JPG IMG_0727 (2).JPG IMG_0732 (2).JPG IMG_0734.JPG IMG_0737 (2).JPG

mvd, AGHisBBS, Enrico and 6 others like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

peerless..very cool..they turned out well..

Dirtfarmer and PatrickA51 like this.
  3. Dirtfarmer

I've still got to spend a little more time on the green one. I wanted to try getting the seams off the Burma Shave before I tried it on my Ever Ready. I also have to re-knot it. Sorry about the GIANT pictures. I resized them and cropped the fire out of them but they are still huge.:angry019:

RyX and brit like this.
  4. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Looks good great work.

Dirtfarmer, RyX and brit like this.
  5. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

Good work! Looking good!

brit likes this.
  6. Dirtfarmer

Thank y'all.

brit likes this.
  7. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Great work! :happy088:

brit likes this.
  8. Dirtfarmer

You inspired me to take a swing at them. Thank ya.

brit likes this.
  9. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

It's only by doing does one realize ... not only the work involved, but the satisfaction as well. ;)

Carry on good sir.

:eatdrink013:

10. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Great job! Big pics are just fine around here, we like to see things!

Dirtfarmer likes this.
  11. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Thanks a lot for rubbin it in "BUDDEH!" (Someday you'll see me do pics). I should clean my brushes(course I shake off the water before blooming).

AGHisBBS likes this.