Razors you own but have never shaved with

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by MrEE, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

image.jpg Another razor I’ve never shaved with is my Gem Micromatic bullet tip SE. I have single edge blades for it, but after a bloody shave with my Ever-Ready Shovel Head razor I’m rather nervous about trying SE razors again. I picked up the Micromatic at a local thrift store along with a Blue Tip and some Avon aftershaves in a trade. I may eventually PIF my Micromatic, Ever-Ready and SE blades in the future.

RaZorBurn123, MrEE and brit like this.
  2. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

Interesting. I purchased 2 GEM razors and a Valet Auto Strop and didn't have a problem. I really like the Gem razor and th VAS is too mild. No blood from any of them. You bought shaving blades, not utility blades, right?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Angelo85 likes this.
  3. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

Yes I bought shaving single edge blades.

4. Tommynick

Tommynick Well-Known Member

Gillette Senator, 2 British aristocrats.

Recently finally used a shick adjustable, pal Adjustable, and a Seagal. So impressed with the injectors just ordered some proline b

Also researching a Clark’s King I picked up years ago. I’m hoping a modified Gem may work.

[​IMG]

I d love to get in the rotation for open comb October

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brit and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Fantastic thread. I have a very large amount of razors and gear I've never used. Since my wife put a bunch of stuff in storage I've lost count. :(
    I know the Merkur 34c, a couple of PAA razors, the Chinese knockoff adjustable, gosh it's a lot. I actually try not to think about this topic, but I do love the thread in a weirdo and strange way. IM NOT ALONE. :p

6. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I thought I used all of mine, but looking last night I realized that I do have one razor at home that I have never used. It is a backup Micromatic ClogPruf. The razor is NIB with a tag on it. If something happens to my current user, then I will break it out.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  7. Dirtfarmer

Dirtfarmer Well-Known Member

I've got this 1905 or something beauty and was going to use it lat night. Put a Nacet blade in it and it almost looked like a slant razor. I think the cap is shot or something. I tried shifting the blade around and got it close but it still didn't look safe so I passed. I don't know if this razor goes with this case or much about it. The handle threads were stripped and the head threads are pretty weak so I put a Heli-Coil in it and didn't get it in far enough. Should have went about 3 more turns deep but a small washer takes up the slack. IMG_0758.JPG IMG_0759 (2).JPG IMG_0760 (2).JPG IMG_0761 (2).JPG IMG_0762 (2).JPG
    That's okay with me though, it still the coolest razor I own and It'll be front and center when I get my display set up.

Rev579, brit and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  8. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

NOS Simplex military Tech. Given to me by a friend who collects military items.

Herm

brit and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

very cool..

10. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

There is no such thing:eatdrink013:

brit likes this.
  11. MrEE

Since starting this thread I have used 2 of the razors I originally posted, but I bid $7 on lot of 3 SE razors and won. All 3 were in great condition, but I haven't shaves with any of them.

brit likes this.
  12. MrEE

I had to put them through the sonic cleaner with a soapy alkali solution, but they cleaned up great. Ready to use or gift to friends.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    brit likes this.
  13. MrEE

So I do have 1 question. Why?

brit likes this.
  14. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Why not. Razor too mild or doesn't have enough bite to get a close shave, remove the guard. It also makes for good practice before going on to use a straight razor. You also have to keep in mind some guys here if given the opportunity would shave with a broken whiskey bottle just because they can.

brit and MrEE like this.
  15. MrEE

Yep, I've noticed. People do all kinds of crazy things, but they do even more crazy things when others are watching. Feels kind of like I'm watching a rodeo. :happy097:

brit likes this.
  16. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

I have a Barbasol Floating Head razor and a Gillette Old type that have been collecting dust since I got them. Why haven't I tried them out? Good question with no real answer. Will I? Another good question with no answer

brit and MrEE like this.