Razors you own but have never shaved with

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by MrEE, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

image.jpg Another razor I’ve never shaved with is my Gem Micromatic bullet tip SE. I have single edge blades for it, but after a bloody shave with my Ever-Ready Shovel Head razor I’m rather nervous about trying SE razors again. I picked up the Micromatic at a local thrift store along with a Blue Tip and some Avon aftershaves in a trade. I may eventually PIF my Micromatic, Ever-Ready and SE blades in the future.

RaZorBurn123, MrEE and brit like this.
  2. MrEE

MrEE Well-Known Member

Interesting. I purchased 2 GEM razors and a Valet Auto Strop and didn't have a problem. I really like the Gem razor and th VAS is too mild. No blood from any of them. You bought shaving blades, not utility blades, right?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Angelo85 likes this.
  3. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

Yes I bought shaving single edge blades.

4. Tommynick

Tommynick Well-Known Member

Gillette Senator, 2 British aristocrats.

Recently finally used a shick adjustable, pal Adjustable, and a Seagal. So impressed with the injectors just ordered some proline b

Also researching a Clark’s King I picked up years ago. I’m hoping a modified Gem may work.

[​IMG]

I d love to get in the rotation for open comb October

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brit and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Fantastic thread. I have a very large amount of razors and gear I've never used. Since my wife put a bunch of stuff in storage I've lost count. :(
    I know the Merkur 34c, a couple of PAA razors, the Chinese knockoff adjustable, gosh it's a lot. I actually try not to think about this topic, but I do love the thread in a weirdo and strange way. IM NOT ALONE. :p

6. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I thought I used all of mine, but looking last night I realized that I do have one razor at home that I have never used. It is a backup Micromatic ClogPruf. The razor is NIB with a tag on it. If something happens to my current user, then I will break it out.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  7. Dirtfarmer

Dirtfarmer Well-Known Member

I've got this 1905 or something beauty and was going to use it lat night. Put a Nacet blade in it and it almost looked like a slant razor. I think the cap is shot or something. I tried shifting the blade around and got it close but it still didn't look safe so I passed. I don't know if this razor goes with this case or much about it. The handle threads were stripped and the head threads are pretty weak so I put a Heli-Coil in it and didn't get it in far enough. Should have went about 3 more turns deep but a small washer takes up the slack. IMG_0758.JPG IMG_0759 (2).JPG IMG_0760 (2).JPG IMG_0761 (2).JPG IMG_0762 (2).JPG
    That's okay with me though, it still the coolest razor I own and It'll be front and center when I get my display set up.

Rev579, brit and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  8. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

NOS Simplex military Tech. Given to me by a friend who collects military items.

Herm

brit and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

very cool..

10. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

There is no such thing:eatdrink013:

brit likes this.
  11. MrEE

MrEE Well-Known Member

Since starting this thread I have used 2 of the razors I originally posted, but I bid $7 on lot of 3 SE razors and won. All 3 were in great condition, but I haven't shaves with any of them.

brit likes this.
  12. MrEE

MrEE Well-Known Member

I had to put them through the sonic cleaner with a soapy alkali solution, but they cleaned up great. Ready to use or gift to friends.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    brit likes this.
  13. MrEE

MrEE Well-Known Member

So I do have 1 question. Why?

brit likes this.
  14. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Why not. Razor too mild or doesn't have enough bite to get a close shave, remove the guard. It also makes for good practice before going on to use a straight razor. You also have to keep in mind some guys here if given the opportunity would shave with a broken whiskey bottle just because they can.

brit and MrEE like this.
  15. MrEE

MrEE Well-Known Member

Yep, I've noticed. People do all kinds of crazy things, but they do even more crazy things when others are watching. Feels kind of like I'm watching a rodeo. :happy097:

brit likes this.
  16. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

I have a Barbasol Floating Head razor and a Gillette Old type that have been collecting dust since I got them. Why haven't I tried them out? Good question with no real answer. Will I? Another good question with no answer

brit and MrEE like this.