Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Thank you, sir.

Boru62, clint64 and brit like this.
  2. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sun 13th Oct.

Cyril Salter/ MS ED. 2band
    Faena sandalwood
    Occams Oren V2/ No3 plate
    Feather Proguard [2 ]
    Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

A super Sunday Shave, I know the Occams Razor works very well for me. However, I had forgotten just what a rich creamy lather the Faena produces, which really helped me get an ultra close all round Shave.The quality of the finished Shave is a real "Face Stroker" and was attained without too much effort.

IMG_0163.jpg

PLAla, Boru62, brit and 7 others like this.
  3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

October 13, 2019
    Gem Damaskeene OC
    Gem PTFE
    Oxford with TGN Finest
    A&E Dirty Ginger
    Shave Soap and Aftershave

[​IMG]

MPF9, PLAla, Boru62 and 7 others like this.
  4. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

OCtober 13th
    Razor: OneBlade Core
    Blade: Feather FHS (1)
    Brush: Heritage C-MON
    Pre-shave: Stirling Mentholated
    Soap: B&M Beaudelaire
    PAA Galactic witch hazel
    PAA unscented Star Jelly
    AS: B&M Beaudelaire

Good morning! [​IMG]

PLAla, Boru62, clint64 and 6 others like this.
  5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Today for my Sunday shave I decided to try out my recently acquired Schick adjustable injector Model 3(M3) and I really enjoy this Schick injector for it's build quality and gives one of the nicest shaves because you can adjust it to your level of comfort & closeness.

Razor : Schick Adjustable injector M3 - Mfg 1970-72
    Blade : Personna injector SS PTFE (3)
    Soap : Haslinger Schafmilch
    Brush: Yaki Tuxedo knot 24mm+
    Preshave: Brushwash the face with CeraVe hand soap + Dab of Aloe Vera gel on beard area only.
    Post shave: Alum + cold water rinse.
    Post shave: Razorock Emperor aftershave with witch hazel + Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + Alum indicated not much for irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]
    Sunday shave october10-2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

MPF9, PLAla, Jim99 and 7 others like this.
  6. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Hot shower prep with Proraso white pre shave balm
    Gem squat head with Gem SS PTFE.
    Enders Speed Razor with Shick proline B20.
    Sterling Pharoah's Dreamsicle on Two Band Badger.
    Witch hazel After Shave splash.
    Great relaxing shave.

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

MPF9, PLAla, Jim99 and 7 others like this.
  7. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Shake Sharp mk1.0/twin Derby Ustra. Even with two mild Derby blades the Shake Sharp shames the rest. GD Fortis. Happy Sunday.[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

BigD, MPF9, PLAla and 8 others like this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

great shave and pic Ron..

clint64 likes this.
  9. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick J3v2 produced 1964-1969, Schick Proline B-20 blade, shave 3.
    j3v2a.jpg j3v2b.jpg

Here is a razor I've had a hard time determining how to classify it until now. This razor in actuality is the Golden 500 with a different stamp on the head rebranded as a Schick 500 from Schick Golden 500 in 1964. Reason why is apparent when you look at all these razors put together here.
    https://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/schick-injector-type-i-and-j-reclassification.62682/

Same great shave as the Golden 500 and also of note this was the last men's razor produced in the US with a hydro-magic lever.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    BigD, PLAla, Jim99 and 6 others like this.
  10. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

:thanks:Gary, have a great day!

Boru62, clint64 and brit like this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

and you..:eatdrink047:

clint64 and Boru62 like this.
  12. Erchy

Erchy New Member

Where can i get my hands on this soap???

I need to buy it.

I am a huge sandalwood fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clint64 and brit like this.
  13. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Injector Shave Down

I realize that there are people who can put one blade in one razor and shave with it until it dulls. I also realize that there are people who can take the very same razor, replace the dull blade with a new one, and do the very same thing again. None of those people live in my house or shave in my den.

At least until now.

I am not sure how it started but over the last several weeks (months actually), when I haven't been interrupted with a DE, I have been shaving through most of my injectors until each loaded blade is done.

As I say, I don't know how it got started but part of the motivation was noticing that some of my razors were looking a little soap grungy. For the longest time I was buying and trying at such a pace that I ended up with countless injectors all with a blade loaded that maybe had been shaved with only once or twice. I don't have this problem with DE's because it's very easy to remove the blade and put it in a different razor. However, with injectors I don't normally remove a blade from a razor until it is spent. Therefore, I would buy a razor, pop in a blade, give it a shave or two, and then buy another razor before wearing out the blade I had just started using.

Then one day I decided to shave with the same razor until the blade was dull (crazy, right?). I then removed the blade, cleaned the razor and found another. It has taken me so long to go through my injectors that I can't remember if it was 2019 when I started. I believe I am now down to maybe four or five injectors that still have a blade in them that needs to be shaved to dullness.

This exercise (along with looking at my stock of injector blades and comparing that to my life expectancy) has made me realize that I will at some point need to make a plan to allow my shave gear to be used after my passing.

I never thought I could use the same razor multiple shaves in a row but somehow I've done it with injectors and it's turned out to be a great journey. I have really developed a fondness for several of my razors and gotten very tuned in to their individual nuances.

Some fellas I know are getting ready for NoShaveNovember. Not me.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    BigD, clint64, GAW9576 and 4 others like this.
  14. Boru62

Boru62 Well-Known Member

Is this a translation error?

clint64, brit and John Beeman like this.
  15. John Beeman

No. I was buying razors faster than I could use blades.

Of course I was adding soaps, creams, and aftershaves faster than I could use them too. But that has slowed a bit also.

I was just thinking - it may be a translation thing if you call razor blades "razors".

clint64, brit and Boru62 like this.
  16. Boru62

Boru62 Well-Known Member

That was why I asked.
    To me a razor is a razor and a blade is a blade in the world of safety razors.
    Although, it would never have entered my head to buy a razor rather than change a blade.
    Then again, I still polish my shoes.

clint64, brit and John Beeman like this.
  17. John Beeman

Me too. Of course I only have maybe twenty or thirty pair of shoes while I have over 150 razors. It's a sickness and I like it.

If I had Jay Leno's money I'd have just as many cars too.

clint64, brit, Boru62 and 1 other person like this.
  18. Boru62

Boru62 Well-Known Member

downloadfile.jpg
    Jay who?
    Seriously, if I had the money, then watches and guitars would be my downfall.

BigD, clint64, brit and 1 other person like this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

very cool John..sounds like a great journey..i often wondered what i would do with multiple injectors.thankfully i only have one at present,an e2 schick ,but i would like an f type..

clint64 and John Beeman like this.
  20. brit

brit in a box

i'd probably have a few more razors as well..and soaps and...definitely brushes and;)

clint64, John Beeman and Boru62 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.