"Schick Show"

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by brit, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I won't get the entire collection out otherwise you guys will think I have some sort of problem or something...

Anywho, here's a few (minus one extra 500 I had in another box that I found after I took the picture of the others)

004a.jpg
    005a.jpg
    006a.jpg
    007a.jpg
    013a.jpg
    014a.jpg

The white L and the purple L both still have the dummy blades in them. The 500's are all slightly different.

Smooth Steve, RyX, BBS and 8 others like this.
  2. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Love the gold Krona!

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

RyX, Hodge, brit and 1 other person like this.
  3. John Beeman

Believe it or not, I've only got one of them. It seems the chrome ones are a dime a dozen but the gold ones more scarce.

I like black and gold razors. I've got the Krona, 500's, L's, J's, an I, and a Gillette long handled black beauty.

4. brit

brit in a box

absolutely awesome..:)

John Beeman likes this.
  5. americanshamrock

americanshamrock Let's Make a Deal! Staff Member

My current collection. The G3 is in the wrong case, which is how it came to me. The Es see the most action. Several Gs, Es, and a Golden 500 have been PIFed away. The adjustable was graciously given to me by @twhite .
    schickcases.png schicks.png

Herm2502, Smooth Steve, RyX and 9 others like this.
  6. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

You wouldn't happen to have one of the mythical E4 injectors? I can't find any references or examples of this razor.

brit and John Beeman like this.
  7. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Few of my Schicks.

Firsts
    Type A and Type D
    That Type A is a 1927. The ones with the smooth handles are 1926 and 1927. The Type D is a 1934 - 1935.
    schick1.jpg

Lasts
    Type O and Ebarbershop Type O clone
    schick4.jpg

inbetweens

Type B1 and B2
    Schick2.jpg

Type C1, C2 and C3
    Schick3.jpg

I'll take pictures of some of my other Schicks later. If anyone hasn't looked at this thread yet. There is a lot of updated information on these razors.
    https://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/schick-injector-updated-information-addenum-thread.62800/

8. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

A through I represented. Some G, M, and O I moved on.

[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
  9. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Some more Schicks

schick5.jpg
    Left to Right
    Schick Platinum DE - foreign market only razor produced sometime from 1967 - ??
    Type L2 Schick Stick - produced 1973 - 1975
    Type L8 Schick Golden - produced 1977 - 1978

schick6.jpg
    Left to Right, Top to Bottom
    E2 w/ movable spring - produced between 1937 - 38/39
    E2 with fixed spring same style as E3 and G injectors - produced between 1940/41 - 42.
    G1v3 - produced between 1953 - 1954
    G8 - produced between 1954 - 1957

schick7.jpg

Type K4 - produced between 1972 - 1975. This one was an unopened N.O.S. razor but I popped it's cherry so to speak.

10. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Type J '500' series razors 1954 - 1969
    Regardless of variation these razors were always referred to as '500' injectors regardless of production model or year. They are just a continuation of the same brand with Eversharp changing the logos for all the injectors razors first in 1959 when they dropped the Eversharp name from the logos and again in 1964 when they changed the logos to Schick on the razors. They also changed the razor heads in 1959 on the '500' series from the more aggressive style of the J4 to the more mild but just as efficient of the J3 variants.

As can be seen here in this ad from 1954 the J4 was referred to as a '500' right out of the gate.
    Ad from the Billings Gazette Dec. 8th 1954
    1954ad.jpg

500a.jpg 500b.jpg

Left to Right
    J4 Eversharp Hydro-magic - produced 1954 -1959, there are 2 variants a v1 and v2, this is the later v2 with the longer lever and writing on it, a v1 has a shorter lever with no writing as seen in the ad.
    J3v1 Schick Golden 500 - produced 1959 - 1964
    J3v2 Schick 500 - produced 1964 - 1969

11. John Beeman

Unfortunately, no.

brit and BBS like this.
  12. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Either way thanks for posting those pictures. The purple one that is the first L4 I've ever seen and I've never seen a white handle Type L before either. Maybe before this thread is through we'll wind up seeing a few more pictures of some Schick Unicorn razors.

13. brit

brit in a box

awesome gents..:)

jimjo1031 likes this.
  14. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Type I razors 1954 - 1967

To understand all the different shavers and variants you need to know that Eversharp changed logos on these razors 2 times between 1954 and 1964 and each time they changed the logo they tinkered with the shave geometry on the razors so there are 4 distinct type of I razors in the way they shave.
    The original logos all had Eversharp on them from the 1954 -1959. They changed the shave geometry I assume in 1957 with the introduction of the I1 on the I2 to be the same type of shaver. In 1959 they changed the logo on the I1 to Schick Safety Razor and also changed the shave geometry of the I1. In 1964 they changed the logo again to Schick and also changed the shave geometry on the I1.

I call these v1, v2 etc because of this and if you want to get into the fine details why see this thread. Same with the category listings for the way they shave I am using here.
    https://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/schick-injector-type-i-and-j-reclassification.62682/

Category 4 1954 - 1957
    sch1a.jpg sch1b.jpg
    Both are early model I2 hydro-magics assumed they produced these up to 1957 since that is when the I1 and J1 were introduced and those shave the same as the later model I2 razors.

Category 3 1957 - 1961
    sch2a.jpg sch2b.jpg
    Left to Right
    I1v1 - produced 1957 - 1959
    I2v4 - produced 1957 - 1961

Category 2
    sch3a.jpg sch3b.jpg
    I2v2 - produced 1959 -1964

Honorable mentions, these 2 razors I used to own but have since passed along to new owners.

This is a chrome head I2 which I termed an I2v3, I have no idea the production date but it shaved like a category 2 razor.
    i2v3a.jpg i2v3b.jpg

Finally an I1v3, these only came with the black handle and were produced between 1964 - 1966/67. This one would be a category 1 razor if you following my shave rankings.
    i1c1.jpg i1c2.jpg

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
  15. John Beeman

The instruction sheet with the purple L has a female image and the printing is a light purple. I saw another one shortly after I bought mine but haven't looked for another since.

My first thought when I saw the white one was that it was a Championship with stripes worn off, but then I saw other white ones and of course when I got mine and realized it was NOS I knew that it came that way.

I've been looking for an orange handle L for a long time but they're supposed to be scarce so I'm not sure I'll ever find one.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
    brit and BBS like this.
  16. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Would it be possible to get a picture of that Purple L instruction sheet? I am trying to figure out if it was marketed under a specific brand name like the easy rider or was one of those promotional free razors that came with blades. I should be able to find when the razor was produced if it was marketed under a specific brand name. I also did some digging around other forums and the Type L supposedly came in not only orange but also a green handle.

brit and jimjo1031 like this.
  17. John Beeman

18. John Beeman

19. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

John Beeman and brit like this.
  20. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

John Beeman and brit like this.
Thread Status: