The Enoch Single Edge by Classic Shaving....

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Str8on2, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Super smooth with the Schick was the Enoch. Had to take a quick looksy to make sure I installed one. But, still removed the whiskers effectively without a single issue. BBS in a glorious 3 passes with no buffing required. A real good shave truth be told. The Enoch has been a wonderful surprise so far. A great evening and shaves to all...

390D8DC7-C567-4C99-8E59-C42641A4DFA7.jpeg

2. brit

brit in a box

has anyone compared the enoch to a supply edge 2.0? just curious.my only injector is a canadian schick e2 which i like.curious about a modern one..

clint64 likes this.
  3. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I love my Cobra Classic which is from an early run. Replacing it would be impossible so I have decided to jump in and ordered an Enoch. Now it just need to make its way across the Pacific.

wristwatchb, b1hart, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  4. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

January 4, 2020
    Enoch
    Feather Pro
    DK7
    SV Manna di Sicilia
    Shave Soap & Aftershave

[​IMG]

5. Str8on2

Now that was a feisty shave! Not intimidating but, I had to pay more attention and stay in tuned with the shave using the Enoch and Feather Pro Super combination. A wonderful 2 pass and slight touch up shave. Smooth, smooth finish that was nic and cut free. Just the tiniest bit of irritation on the chin and Sir Adam’s area from the touch ups. Gone though after the splash and a few minutes. Fabulous shave, period. Blade feel is certainly amped up in the Enoch with the Super but, still a comfortable shave as long as presence of mind is used knowing that the Super is a more aggressive blade with a bit more blade exposure. The Enoch works with any blade you throw at it and does it extremely well with each one. If you don’t have a Classic Cobra or King and want to experience what it would be like to shave with either one of those razors, the Enoch gets you pretty darn close to that experience. I have no reserves in recommending this razor to any wet shaving enthusiasts that desires to step into the Artist Club SE razor format. It delivers on all fronts on construction, quality and shave performance. A wonderful day and great shaves to all...

24C2C93E-BAD6-4AE7-B958-34C3775F00B4.jpeg

6. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

January 10th
    Razor: Occam's Enoch
    Blade: Schick Proline P30 (3)
    Brush: Heritage Collection Klenzo
    Pre-shave: PAA The Cube
    Soap: PAA Briar
    PAA Galactic witch hazel
    PAA unscented Star Jelly
    AS: PAA Briar

Good morning

[​IMG]

Primotenore and Str8on2 like this.
  7. Str8on2

Fabulous Shot!! :happy096:

jluc likes this.
  8. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thank you, Gus!

Str8on2 likes this.
  9. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

January 11th
    Razor: Occam's Enoch
    Blade: Schick Proline P30 (4)
    Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze
    Pre-shave: PAA The Cube
    Soap: PAA Cavendish
    PAA Galactic witch hazel
    PAA unscented Star Jelly
    AS: PAA Cavendish

Good morning
    [​IMG]

clint64, Edison Carter and Str8on2 like this.
  10. Number six

Number six Well-Known Member

Just a note on my recent shave with the Enoch. Result was fantastic. Immediately I felt that it needed my full concentration, lots of blade feel. I was rewarded by only needing a minimal two pass shave, a tiny bit of touch up that left me BBS. Due to the very few strokes needed there was zero irritation.
    I did have to disassemble the razor completely to seat the blade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Str8on2, MPF9, Edison Carter and 2 others like this.
  11. Str8on2

Yesterday’s shave results & thoughts on the Enoch.

Used one of the best surprises and overall a top 3 AC SE shaver to come out in’19. The Enoch has never failed to give me smooth, efficient performing shaves. Choose your blade, lock it down and you’re off to the races. I have a nice collection of SE’s but, the Enoch has been getting more and more attention as of late. Works with any blade you use (I can’t speak of the guarded ones but, I’ll assume they’ll work too) and it shaves with a comforting authority. Can it bite? Yes, if you’re a bit on the careless/lackadaisical side of your shave regimen but, that goes for just about 98% of all razors out there. Zen like concentration is not needed. Just a good methodical approach and as we say in the shave game “let the razor do the work”. Perhaps just a tiny bit more attention is required compared to the Blackland Vector or SS General. But, it will reward you with as good a shave as those 2 aforementioned stalwarts if not better. It’s significantly lower in cost if one is looking for a sub $100 AC SE razor ($99 gets you into the club for the Enoch) with an alloy that matches in terms of durability. Quality has been quite good and fitment is up there as well. Perhaps if the blade holder studs were a bit more pronounced it would make it easier to install the blade but, that’s just nitpicking on my part. Overall it’s a good value in price/performance ratio.

I do have the Razorock Hawk V3-A on order and am looking forward to comparing that razor with the Enoch. Certainly in price the V3 Hawk has the Enoch but, we’ll see how it goes in the whisker reducing department in a few. For now though, the Enoch is a razor to be reckoned with....

9864E9AB-8D7B-4FBA-B33F-90B77451B427.jpeg

Edison Carter and jluc like this.
  12. Str8on2

The Enoch had been tucked away for a bit and this morning I brought it out from it’s temporary hibernation status for today’s whisker whacking duties. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. This razor shaves with the best of them. Regardless of price point and alloy make up. The shave is uber efficient yet uncannily smooth especially paired with a Schick Proline. The results of the shave today was as I expected it to be, excellent. Just 2.5 passes of pure shaving bliss. Despite its early q/c issues and some inherent minor manufacturing flaws, which I hope have been worked out with subsequent production runs, this razor from a performance/price ratio stand point is head shoulders above many in the SE field and quite a few in the DE world as well.

Would I recommend it? Absolutely and I couldn’t do it fast enough. If the earlier issues have been worked out by Classic Shaving, the $99 price point is a bargain for an elite level shave performer that goes toe to toe with ANYTHING you put it up against. I personally consider it to be that good. Again, not every razor is for everyone and ymmv is the standard issue protocol in evaluating any razor. But, if you enjoy an AC style SE razor shave or want to get your feet wet in the AC SE shave world, take a long hard look at the Enoch. It’s a player.....

86F412A9-957D-4416-AF85-981C99E8766E.jpeg

jluc likes this.