"Schick Show"

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by brit, Oct 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Get the later model ones and don't worry about them being clean, the best deals are the ones that look like they were stored in the ground for years on end. They usually clean up well afterwards.

If you want a later (72 and up) model this is what to look for.
    here is a 67 - 72 L1 (left) next to a 72 and up L1 (right) to see how the logos differ.
    [​IMG]

The 72 and up ones are much smoother and comfortable shavers than the earlier L1 razors.

Jim99, Edison Carter and brit like this.
  2. jbex72

jbex72 New Member

I’m new when it comes to SE razors. I stumbled upon this gem when I was with the in-laws clean out an abandon cabin on there property. It was in rough shape, tarnished. I did the best I could to get it cleaned up, but now I’m trying to figure out what I have, in that I know it’s a Schick injector, but what year was it manufactured, and model? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

AC26BA6D-55EE-446B-8FAD-C12303351BC6.jpeg 23BD53A7-3580-4160-A4A9-99C1BB4A84BF.jpeg AC26BA6D-55EE-446B-8FAD-C12303351BC6.jpeg 23BD53A7-3580-4160-A4A9-99C1BB4A84BF.jpeg BC9A5343-DAC0-4D9B-B8C2-9337492EBCC8.jpeg

preidy, Jayaruh, Aztecmike and 2 others like this.
  3. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

You have a E2 with the easy cleaning feature to swivel the spring to the left, if it was a flat spring it would be called a E1. That is a excellent razor and blades can be purchased still on line through Amazon or other razor supply stores. I have some because I collect razors and enjoy using that razor a lot. It,s a mid aggression razor and very efficient. You can tell its a E series because of the flaps on the side of the spring. Enjoy!
    http://www.safetyrazors.net/schick/schicktech.htm
    Have some great shaves!

brit likes this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

very cool..

5. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Yup E-2 with a nice Butterscotch non-plastic handle. The razor has only one patient number which is a another indicator of a E-series rather than a G. Also note marking by the rivet "Schick Injector" so it's a pre-"EversharpSchick" razor so 1935-45 Mfg. time-frame. A nice shaver - enjoy. Check out this site for info on vintage Schick. www.razors.click/safetyrazors.net/SchickTech/

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
    brit likes this.
  6. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Here are 2 E5 razors, one in the introductory kit and one in the De Luxe kit.
    e5v1v2.jpg

Another interesting tidbit is the E5 came in 2 variants as we can see here.
    The left most one has the same lather guard cut out as the E1 while the other has newer style like an E2.
    e5v1v2a.jpg

With this I can date for sure the first razor on the left to 1937 as seen in this ad here.

Ad from Orlando Evening Star Feb 3rd 1937
    [​IMG]

You can clearly see what type of lather guard channel is on the razor. It is the same as the E1 but with the newer spring style.

As you can see the E5 wasn't a one off either since they did make an instruction sheet for it.

This came with my E5 but shows an E1, it most likely is the correct sheet and what I have is an early 1937 production model.
    e1e5instruction.jpg

Now here is an E5 instruction sheet. We can tell it is for an E5 by the lather guard channel.
    se1ad.jpg

Knowing all this the progression of Type E razors from the E1 through the E2 went something like this
    E1 - 1936
    E5v1 with same lather channel guard as an E1 1937 - 1938
    E5v2 with same later channel guard as an E2 either in late 37 or sometime 1938.
    E2 with moveable spring was either late 37 or sometime 1938 - 1939*
    E2 fixed spring same spring style as an E2 with movable spring 1939 - 40/41

*We know for sure the E2 was sold in the introductory kits which sold as late as 1938 prior to the 20 year guarantee cases so the earliest year we can say for sure is 1938 and possibly 1937 depending. With that we also know the E5 with same lather guard channel has to be around the same time frame.

The only thing I don't know is if the E5 and E2 with the same lather channel were sold concurrently or the E2 superseded the E5.

preidy, Jayaruh, brit and 2 others like this.
  7. jbex72

jbex72 New Member

Yup, I’m mind blown right now. This a great deal of useful information. Thank you all very much. This is my very first vintage razor. I have three modern double edged razors, two by Merkur, one being the Futur, and the other is the 34C, and my first ever by Van Der Hagen, but now I want to branch into the vintage razors.I started finding that shaving with cartridge razor was starting to get boring.

brit and Edison Carter like this.
  8. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

As it turns out the E2 or E5v2 first comes onto market in 1937 as seen in this ad here from Life magazine.

Ad from Life Magazine Jul 26th 1937
    [​IMG]

Edison Carter and brit like this.
  9. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

B & C ?? I see a gorgeous "A" photobombing the $h!/ out of this them

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Karl G and preidy like this.
  10. Bird Lives

You know you wanna!!

Karl G and Jim99 like this.
  11. Bird Lives

12. Bird Lives

You owe it to yourself to get another one...don't look back...

Jim99 likes this.
  13. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I did some more digging on this razor. It was produced between 1980 and 1984 with that handle style. Since yours has a logo on the razor head I'd say 1982 - 1984 approximately since that is about when the Type N came out and also when that style of logo first appears which is on Type N razors.

14. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

Both of these two razors are represented to be Type E models. Can anyone verify this and tell me which E model on each?

First Model
    il_fullxfull.2155013444_o6zv - Edited.jpg
    il_fullxfull.2202574711_pz6v - Edited.jpg
    il_fullxfull.2155013340_qxps - Edited.jpg
    il_fullxfull.2202574243_5jdk - Edited (1).jpg
    Second model
    il_794xN.2144370300_h48z - Edited.jpg
    il_794xN.2191926241_hv7b - Edited.jpg
    il_fullxfull.2191925891_jb4o - Edited.jpg
    il_fullxfull.2191926447_bs6s - Edited.jpg

Attached Files:

brit, preidy, Jayaruh and 1 other person like this.
  15. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

brit likes this.
  16. James Kleinkauf

brit likes this.
  17. James Kleinkauf

Here is a another one I think may be an E3. Can you confirm of deny?

s-l1600 (8) - Edited (4).jpg

s-l1600 (8) - Edited (3).jpg

s-l1600 (8) - Edited (2).jpg

s-l1600 (8) - Edited (1).jpg

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    brit, preidy, Jayaruh and 1 other person like this.
  18. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

brit likes this.
  19. James Kleinkauf

yes

brit likes this.
  20. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

brit likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.