May 2020 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Apr 30, 2020.

?

What will you be "mixing up" in May?

1. Razors I rarely/never use

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Blades I rarely/never use

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Soaps I rarely/never use

6 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Brushes I rarely/never use

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. A combination of everything just thrown together like a salad!

15 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Who said you could suggest a salad?! We eat cookies here!!!

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  7. Gonna PIF some stuff and try to win some PIF'd stuff to replace it!

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  8. I miss Chris's intros with only two questions. This is just ridiculous!! Sheesh!

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Gorgeous shave, Venkat. I am on the waiting list for a Wolfman with a Darwin handle. How do you like using it?

2. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Fantastic image and setup Jim! Very nice razor and report!

Love that brush! Neat textures and nice setup for a Thursday shave!

That's one thing really odd with my orders from Simpson. I didn't get shipping notices/tracking numbers. Went to look at my order history with them....and both my purchases show 'order received' as the status, and I've actually received the Trafalgar T3. The 4/26 order of the Cyclone shows the same....but I have a feeling it'll just show up too. I wonder if it has something to do with using Apple Pay directly, and not a card number purchase. I've noticed some similar weirdness using Apple Pay with other vendors. Probably has to do with how integrated the shopping cart system is with the Apple Pay SDK (technobabble alert).

3. Primotenore

Article Team
    Nice shave, Clint. Have a great day.

4. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Awesome.

Ask your friend to join us here.

Although some of us are 'older than dirt', we all looked 'dirtier than dirt' till we learn good shaving skills.

5. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Jim. I’m so glad the brush made it to the local post office. I can’t wait to see it in your SOTD photos.

6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Nice shave on Throwback Thursday. As I said in an earlier post, I am surprised to see that I have more of the Razorock Acqua Shavesoap than I had originally thought. Can it take me through the summer? That would be nice. Anyway, it was going real well(the shave)-good loading effort, great "sweeping" motion of the Stoylin synthetic, until I had what appeared at first to be a serious cut on the side of the neck. Not 911 -ER serious, though, as this happened on just the first pass, thus I was able to "wash it" with the soap from the second. At least wash off any chances of it getting worse. While it's never "good" to get a cut like that, if you must, get the cut on the 1st pass. (Some coaching, eh?). I remembered to be careful pouring out the Aqua Velva, yet still got too much out. Great classic "manly" scent, but it takes patience to get it out of the bottle without a mess. Course you can scoop up any mess you make and apply it to your forehead. Ahhh, it's your aftershave-enjoy it. Very Excellent.

7. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Blair. Oh congrats on the Cyclone. Can’t wait to see it in your photos.

8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Joseph. I hope you have a great day as well.

9. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks, Blair!

I use PayPal for my Simpson orders. I only received a tracking number on the faux ruby because I emailed and asked for one after a couple of weeks with no word.

10. timabababaluka

timabababaluka No exceptions. Except.....

Make sure your friend soaks the living daylights out of that VDH boar brush. If he finds it unpleasant or has trouble lathering with it, I'd suggest a Stirling or RR synthetic--those are bomb-proof beginner brushes (and very inexpensive) ;)

11. timabababaluka

Beautiful set up, Neal--those Feather pain sticks are so svelte! And you're right, I had no idea Dorco made an AC blade. Why am I not surprised at the identity of the pain stick instigator :happy102:

Edison Carter, clint64, brit and 4 others like this.
  12. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

may72020.jpg
    May 7th

Proraso PS Red
    Ariana & Evans SS & AS - Vanille de Tabac
    Simpson Trafalgar T3
    Blackland Dart
    Bolzano Super Inox

Quick easy shave this morning. 2 passes with a neck/jawline touch up to a nice BBS. Slight irritation on the jawline, as the Dart has some blade exposure, forgot about that as the rest of the shave was going so smoothly. No problem though, A&E's aftershave took care of that. A&E shave soap...quick to lather, quite yogurty in appearance from the Simpson T3. While not the same texture of lather as PAA's CK-6 or SV, it's quite a nice silky & nourishing face feel. Their aftershave also is similar in longevity for me to PAA....this Vanille de Tabac lasts for hours and hours, well into late afternoon. Wifey favorite too!

Hope everyone has a great Thursday!

13. timabababaluka

That Wolfman is a beautiful razor--and evidently a fantastic shaver. Wonderful pics and awesome lineup! :D

jgreenepa, clint64, brit and 2 others like this.
  14. timabababaluka

Lemon chill... so nice! And the Jeris razors I've seen have all been impressive. Great shave, Chris! :D

15. Primotenore

Article Team
    May Focus
    [​IMG]
    Williams~~Mondial~~Fatip/Gillette 7 O'Clock~~Clubman SR
    Giorno tre con Lo Sorto Originale da Fatip.

Je öfter ich diesen Rasierer benutze, desto besser es mir gefällt.
    OK, now that I have your attention...:)
    Mixed up some Italian products with some Russian and American products for today's shave.

Took the Italian Mondial brush and created a bowlful of wonderful Williams lather.
    Observe:

[​IMG]
    Right?
    Perfect hydration for a superior slickness and shine.
    BTW, doughnut hole getting larger by the shave.
    Observe:

IMG_4545.jpeg
    The lather that remains is quite thin, so I can discern the death knell...
    :sick013:
    I attempted to substitute my Weber Bulldog for the stock Fatip handle.
    Wouldn't you know that they are different sizes!
    :angry019:
    Answer: Alum.
    Day two with the Gillette 7 O'Clock blade and it was just as sharp and smooth as yesterday.
    This razor is something. Extremely efficient. Not too aggressive, although my studied technique
    nullifies all differences in blade gap. :p
    Three passes and the results were excellent.
    Alum (since it was already on the counter) was mostly silent, except for my neck,
    but that is not at all unusual. Just a little noise.
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel. Meh.
    Double-splash of the Clubman Special Reserve for the finish.

16. timabababaluka

Great to hear from you again, Chris--love the watches! :D

17. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Excellent razor choice Chris!

18. timabababaluka

Beautiful photo, Blair--that Dart looks like its made of flowing water or quicksilver... smooth lines! :D

jgreenepa, clint64, brit and 3 others like this.
  19. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Wonderful, Blair! VdT is a good one for sure!
    Terrific shave, picture and report, Joseph!

jgreenepa, clint64, brit and 3 others like this.
  20. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Sweet! Have a great day Gary!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.