Let’s talk sandwiches !

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Sara-s, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Andrew, when my dad was still with us and I was over at his house grilling out I always had to grill him bologna. He loved a grilled bologna sandwich. That is what he would eat while we ate steaks. Memories! :)

Paul Turner, BamaT, gorgo2 and 3 others like this.
  2. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Wonderful memory!

BamaT, gorgo2, Hembree and 1 other person like this.
  3. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

You guys are killing me.. Damn, I'm hungry![​IMG]

Herm

4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Wherever they are, that's where I want to live.

BamaT, cliffb599 and Hembree like this.
  5. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

You need to check out thier shanty boat video. Bologna sandwich does make an appearance.

BamaT, brit, cliffb599 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I’ve added a new spread to my repertoire. I’s a tahini-yogurt dressing. See the Recipes thread if you want to make it. It’s pretty easy.

gorgo2 and cliffb599 like this.
  7. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

Ever since I was a teen my favorite sandwich is Virginia Ham, Provolone, lettuce, tomato and a little mayo on a roll. Love it. I also love a good, lean, corned beef sandwich on rye, preferably from a jewish deli. A little Gulden's spicy brown mustard and it's perfect. Those are my two favorite sandwiches.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Why is your content not available Herm? YO

9. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

A fried egg with bacon really makes a hamburger! The egg should, however, be cooked no more than medium.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    gorgo2, jimjo1031 and richgem like this.
  10. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Definitely!

BamaT likes this.
  11. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

My number one favorite sandwich by far is a BLT, as long as the tomatoes are good tomatoes from the farmer’s market or a friend’s farm, some tomatoes from my local grocery store are close to tasteless. Add a good slather of mayo, salt, and course ground pepper and I’m a happy camper. I prefer a good white bread. A close second is just a tomato sandwich, with mayo, salt, and pepper.

Others that are high on my list are fried bologna with mayo, and a Reuben on rye with kraut and thousand island dressing.

12. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

A favorite during the summer.

gorgo2 and BamaT like this.
  13. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

...fried green tomato sammich...

...hmmmmm...

BamaT likes this.
  14. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

My dad worked at a company named Rath packing most of the time I grew up. 785F29F1-844E-4B46-B752-5F461BDA70A2.jpeg
    I’m not sure if you remember them or if their even still in business.
    But I grew up to be 6’6, we always had a big log of Bologna in the fridge. Saw off a slab, fry it if you want, sometimes no, lettuce, tomatoes, vadalia onion, Mayo.(if plain), mustard and cheese if fried. That was lunch, or after school. You could slice it as thick as you liked, I aimed for a quarter inch.
    They had a bacon line, so we always had bacon in the freezer, he’d buy it by the case.
    Blt’s way weekend thing. Crunchy bacon on toast, Mayo tomatoes, lettuce.
    If Iowa sent their best, we surely appreciated it.

my current favorite is the Cuban (Havana style for me) Mayo mustard pickle, slather the outside with honey butter, press away.
    No lettuce or tomatoes on mine just seems wrong.

gorgo2 and BamaT like this.
  15. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

gorgo2 likes this.
  16. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

I'm going to have to try this!

gorgo2 likes this.
  17. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I recently bought a cast-iron griddle & hot press. So I wanted to try grilling a ham & cheese sandwich. Not bad for a first time, but I need to figure out how long to cook the sandwich & also how long to pre-heat the griddle & press.

BamaT and richgem like this.
  18. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

My favorite 2 as a kid were. Diced black olives with Mayo on white bread. The next favorite was a fried bologna sandwich mayo mustard and what ever cheese we had on white bread.

BamaT and gorgo2 like this.
  19. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

I can name a few favorites

Italian sub
    Prime rib blue cheese dip
    Reuben
    Corned beef
    Beef brisket
    Pulled pork
    Blue bird

Never had a Cuban sandwich that wowed me, until I tried one at this place. Just had one one for dinner today. Here is a pic of it.

20210617_165524_HDR.jpg

I think this Cuban sandwich is one of the best tasting sandwiches I've ever had. The relish mustard with the pork, cheese, ham on that toasted buttered bread is amazing!!

20. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member