Tom's razor creations

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

I get AWESOME shaves from my TNNSER razors. Looking forward to your thoughts.

IAmTheJody and twhite like this.
  2. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

The numbers are able to rotate to 1. That is a sleeve where the numbers are. It is just a bit tight but does adjust.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  3. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Ahhh! Didn't realize the number sleeve turns independently of the knob on the brass TAR. Is that intentional or has it just come loose? After seeing this, I tried turning the number sleeve on the aluminum TAR as well but it wouldn't budge independently of the knob...

Edison Carter likes this.
  4. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Intentional. I needed a way to get the numbers to align with the hash mark. I think the Aluminum does that also. Not positive though.

Edison Carter likes this.
  5. IAmTheJody

Well I won't put any more pressure on the aluminum but finger, hand and arm strength, it wouldn't turn. Could be gummed up with soap. But I know aluminum is easy to bend with enough force so I'll leave it alone except for the upcoming shave.

twhite likes this.
  6. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

I broke out the Alumi-Tar today. First pass set at 4 was wonderful. :happy036: Second pass at 4 produced a few weepers. Third pass set on 2 left a small minefield. I shouldn’t have re-used the blade. I’m thinking it was the cause for the rough ride. I’ll find out on Thursday on my next shave with a fresh blade. :happy088:

Hot water preparation
    Argan Oil PSO
    Shavemac 2-Band Silvertip Badger
    Castle Forbes 1445 Shaving Cream
    Aluminum TAR by Tom
    AOS Lavender Shave Balm

456D94CA-C3C9-457D-B070-5C6D9084F65B.jpeg

Happy shaving - Karl

7. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Today’s shave with the Aluminum TAR was what I expected. A new blade made all the difference. Super close reduction and a very satisfying shave :happy036:

It is an aggressive razor, even on the lower settings (I used a 4, 2, 2 progression) and a very, very light touch is required. :chores016:

Hot water preparation
    Argan Oil PSO
    Aluminum TAR by Tom
    Schick Plus Platinum (1)
    AOS Lavender After Shave Balm

EBA726DE-0D5B-434F-B895-F08679542ED6.jpeg

Happy shaving - Karl

brit, IAmTheJody and twhite like this.
  8. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Good job on that video, @Dave in KY . The TNNSER is Tom's No Name Single Edge Razor.
    Looking forward to trying out the TARMAX.

Edison Carter and Karl G like this.
  9. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    I am using Tom's Adjustable Razor (brass TAR) this week. It is a real heavy weight. I put it on 4 today and forgot how aggressive it could be. I will back off tomorrow. I got a great shave though.

sos210715.JPG

10. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    I backed off to about 3 today and got a great shave with this beast.
    sos210717.JPG

11. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

An oldie but goodie. I originally put in a new blade from what looked like a vintage injector of 20 blades. Yup, really poor cutting ability so I popped it out with a current Schick blade. Pure heaven.

The Bunny V3 is a wonderful razor. I usually use Wild, Wild, Mild but forgot and kept the Wild comb in on all passes. Fabulous shave :happy036:

Hot water preparation
    Argan Oil PSO
    Bunny V3 by Tom Wild, Wild, Wild
    Schick (1)
    AOS Lavender After Shave Balm

268F492F-CD02-4E86-8A32-73E990563DCB.jpeg

Happy shaving - Karl

12. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I was dissing (sitting not dissing) this afternoon just relaxing. I decided to go and get my razor that got me going on this crazy razor making experience. My Bunny V1.

My first go at razor design and fab. I wanted a true injector that was adjustable also. V1 I used a comb that was adjusted by sliding the comb fore and aft then securing with a screw. Not efficient in the least but would proof of concept. I also used screws to secure the top spring. In hind sight, this should have stayed.

I am thinking of revisiting this razor for improvements gathered from my continued learning.

Anyhow had a stellar shave. Blade is a Dutch Schick. No idea how many shaves now on it. I put it in 3 years ago.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
  13. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

I’m breaking out the V2 Monday :happy036:

twhite likes this.
  14. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Good only 3 of those in existence. I little belated but THANK YOU! for all you did.

Karl G likes this.
  15. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    That's a great looking razor, Tom. The one that started it all. I think I will break out my Bunny V3 and TNNSER Original for next week. Three days each.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

16. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Aw shucks - it was nothing :ashamed001:

twhite likes this.
  17. IAmTheJody

Based on my three shaves with the V2, I have a suggestion if you do?

twhite likes this.
  18. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I am all ears. Fire away

19. IAmTheJody

20. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I know exactly what you are talking about. The head design of the Bunny is modeled after the Schick H. I went with my spring design was it was simpler to make my spring bending jig do a simple curve.

I could figure out a new jig design to make it flatter. That will allow a greater ability to adjust blade angle. I will add that to my to do list.

Dave in KY and IAmTheJody like this.