Gillette President Arrived

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by jay_gatz, Jul 15, 2021.

1. jay_gatz

jay_gatz Well-Known Member

So my grail razor arrived, although I still need a case. Always wanted a Gillette President, and this one was a BIN on eBay mislabeled as a "FatBoy". overall in pretty darn good shape. Will a 10 minute barbicide soak hurt it? BTW, these are pictures prior to me using dish soap and a soft toothbrush:

IMG_9876.jpg IMG_9877.jpg IMG_9878.jpg

gorgo2, jimjo1031, Enrico and 7 others like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

awesome score.:cool:a case will show up ..i would just clean it up with dawn dish soap and a tooth brush,maybe a soak in that.barbercide not needed.:)

3. jay_gatz

Now the big question, should I shave with it? I planned on doing just that, but it really pretty!

brit likes this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

that's what it's for..please do;)..i use all of my gillettes no matter how rare..i use the gold plated ones less frequently as their coating is more fragile.-up to you of course..no shelf queens in my stable..;):eatdrink047:.just keep them clean and they will last..:)

PLANofMAN and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  5. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I would. Considering that the razor isnt sealed and brand new its been through worst since the 50s im sure. You wont ruin it by shaving with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. brit

brit in a box

the added bonus is,the more gillettes you have and use,the less wear and tear on each of them if you use them in a rotation..;)

Old School and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  7. jay_gatz

I'm probably gonna use it tomorrow with my newly arrived Seaforth Lime! Have I mentioned how good the spearhead soaps are?

8. brit

brit in a box

i agree.a sealed complete set would be hard to pop,then i would have a daily driver version..it is fun to be the first to crack open and use an NOS 70+ year old razor set though..;).mine were tech sets thought so more commonly available..:):)

Ijustmissedthe50s and Jorvaljr like this.
  9. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Ive been eyeballing them since they released. I have some original seaforth spice and its quite nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  10. jay_gatz

I have the original sea forth heater and fern, and while the scent of the "homage" is not the same, which seriously, shave soap scent doesn't last so it's a fleeting enjoyment, it's a good soap. The spearhead seaforth though? Absolutely ridiculous. Lather it up and you will be amazed. It's really good.

11. jay_gatz

I just picked up a NOS Schick Adjustable, still sealed on the card as a backup for my Daily. It will get opened one day.

brit likes this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

very cool.are you going to use it?or baby it.. ;)

13. brit

brit in a box

i get that. cool score.the president demands attention..:D

14. brit

brit in a box

15. jay_gatz

I use everything. Soap, razors. Aftershave. They’ve lasted this long, what’s another 30 years. My six year old has already claimed many of them.

16. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    Way to do it, glad you've found it!
    I've got a ton on the way that I bought today, but I'm most excited for the executive and president. I will be using them.

jay_gatz and brit like this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

we are fortunate to be able to use items from our past 50-100 years ago.the future generations won't be so lucky.too many disposables.:cool:

18. brit

brit in a box

the executive is a fine shaver .:cool:

19. Bax

Bax Well-Known Member

VERY impressive razor! Congrats on the great find!
    I'm in the "use it!" crowd; never understood the idea of owning something that wasn't useful.
    No, there's no fancy artwork on my walls... ;-)
    - Bax

Northstonehill and brit like this.
  20. Northstonehill

Northstonehill Active Member

Shave with it!
    I shave with all mine - also the true rarities.