FROM THE WILD, vintage razors recently purchased or inherited...!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Ron R, Sep 25, 2018.

1. brit

brit in a box

cool score.on a good note,.the ones he won't part with don't shave any better..;):eatdrink047:

Edison Carter and Old School like this.
  2. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    Coming soon to a BST thread near you lol!
    There are some pieces I really wanted that justified the spend. I'm looking forward to cataloging, cleaning and re-homing many of them... at least that's the agreement with the better half before I pulled the trigger. It was a 4 figure spend :shaver

Edison Carter, brit and Jorvaljr like this.
  3. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Congrats! Lol I’m sure you are getting bombarded with pm’s thats a big lot.

brit and Old School like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

i am looking forward to seeing your scores .please feel free to post them on" gillettes finest razors".if you need any help with identification i and many others here on the TSD can help.:)
    https://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/gillettes-finest-razors.65597/

Edison Carter likes this.
  5. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    Yeah, I thought about starting that now with the pics he sent... but I think I'm waiting till I get them.
    I may do a video call with Jody when I get em, you're invited lol!
    Someone mentioned a #88 aristocrat in there...I know there's about 10 aristocrats in the lot.
    I'm more into representative examples of the full line opposed to honing in and getting every aristocrat, or ABC...while I have alot of ABC sets, I'm not trying to get all of them. This lot has 2 ABC sets in it though :)

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Dave in KY, Edison Carter and brit like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

thank you.:)there may be one i have an interest in if you decide to go that route..:).if not that's ok as well .cool score..always happy to see new examples saved from their end.well all know what happened to most of there friends.:(

Edison Carter likes this.
  7. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Between the 10 Aristocrats and 2 ABC sets you probably have about 4 figures right there if you resell those. It is a good lot it looks like for someone who collects or wants to take the time to piecemeal it out on a resale. Lot of good razors but no special ones I can tell from the pictures. I see you also have a Brazilian monotech or Brazilian Aristocrat if it is gold plated in the lot, should be the one in the case with the red blade dispenser.

brit likes this.
  8. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

If you need help or confirmation on identifying pieces that is the best way to do it.

brit likes this.
  9. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Did you raid @mrchick stash?

brit and Old School like this.
  10. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    It's shipping tomorrow
    There's a cased executive (not the gold Fatboy, though one of those too), 2 diplomats, a big fellow and a couple of Sheratons in there somewhere... this 2 boxes at the back of the table are full.
    The guy I got them from won a $900 estate auction, pulled out 3 bottom dials, 2 serial toggles and a nickel toggle... and sold me the balance for hundreds more than he paid.
    He's an investor, not a collector, and locked them away in a safe deposit box. I'm humbled...
    I plan to keep many pieces and hope to piece mail out the balance to recoup what I can from my investment.

IAmTheJody, brit and twhite like this.
  11. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

He'll sell a bottom dial to you if you push him to do so. You may not like the asking price but he if he is net ahead unless he is one of those guys that can squeeze pennies into copper wire using his butt cheeks you should be able to get him to sell the duplicates to you especially since you transacted now.

brit likes this.
  12. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    Nope, I tried. He's holding until they hit $10k each he said...I said he'll die first.

brit likes this.
  13. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Like I said you may not like his asking price.

If not you, it depends if he has the cases, instructions and / or shippers. But you are probably correct. Just make sure you have an in with his other half or kids depending how persistent you want to be.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
    brit, Old School and twhite like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

:D

15. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    Not a one, but they'd be welcomed. USPS tracking lands them in my hands TODAY. Can't wait!