GEM Jr Lot

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by jay_gatz, Sep 14, 2021.

1. jay_gatz

jay_gatz Well-Known Member

So I picked up a lot of GEM Juniors:

[​IMG][​IMG]

There are 6 Razors, all with Boxes. I am not going to call them NOS, cuz they have not been in my chain of custody for the last 80 plus years, but looks like a pretty good snag for razors that have a better than 50% chance of being unused. I am keeping one, and another is spoken for, so that leaves four more razors. I am not looking to make a profit, just break even for anyone that may not have tried a GEM Jr. It comes out to about $20/razor which includes CONUS shipping. Mods, I wasn't sure if this was more akin to a group buy, hence, not posting it in classifieds, although I defer to your judgement.

2. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

I think it is fine as a group buy post. You aren't making any profit out of it or trying to flip them for gain. Could possibly be even a loss after figuring in PayPal fees and the postage. Good luck and thanks for giving folks an opportunity. :eatdrink047:

PanChango, Enrico and Dave in KY like this.
  3. jay_gatz

Thanks! That's the idea, having fun wit this and trying new stuff.

PanChango, Enrico and IAmTheJody like this.
  4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Good on ya, Jay!!

5. jay_gatz

Didn’t seem to be much interest in this, so I have made other arrangements, and these are no longer available. Stay tuned for a post in a couple weeks.

IAmTheJody and Enrico like this.
  6. jay_gatz

So I got one of the razors back from replating today, and I also found a display card with micromatic blades to complete the set. Another member got in on this, and it worked out well. I'll leave it to him for a reveal later on, but here is mine:

IMG_0396.jpg IMG_0393.jpg IMG_0394.jpg IMG_0395.jpg

7. IAmTheJody

That's awesome! Turned out great!

And the other member is me! Looking very forward to receiving it and taking it for its maiden voyage since they were all NOS razors! Thank you very much for facilitating everything!

wristwatchb likes this.
  8. jay_gatz

Glad to do it, it's what makes being a shave nerd fun! It's also nice to make new friends on here. Hopefully you will have your package on Friday. Let us know!

wristwatchb and IAmTheJody like this.
  9. jay_gatz

Jody, did you ever take the Gem for a spin? Been busy so maybe I missed the post. The JR is definitely my favorite GEM thus far.

IAmTheJody likes this.
  10. IAmTheJody

I have used it four times and yes, it's a fantastic razor! One of my best razors I own!

Between working more hours than usual helping my brother with his business and life in general, I've just been really lazy with documenting my shaves. And then today, I got caught up in my own fat feet and fell and have thrown my back out. So now I'm laid up dealing with that.

Enrico and PanChango like this.
  11. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Now you have even more time to chat with us.

:eatdrink047:

IAmTheJody likes this.