What Manly Things Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by jwr0201, Jan 17, 2015.

1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Daffy Duck better watch out!

Frijolero and Sara-s like this.
  2. Bax

Bax Well-Known Member

Took a manly motorcycle ride on my manly Sportster. First time I've been out for a ride in months!
    ;-)
    - Bax

Sara-s likes this.
  3. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Hope you had good weather for it! I've never driven a motorcycle, but have ridden one as a passenger. It can be so enjoyable on a nice day.

4. Bax

Bax Well-Known Member

It was a great 2hr ride. Cool with low humidity. I wear an armoured jacket, helmet, and Kevlar "Draggin" jeans, so I really overheat unless I ride in cool weather. I love the Fall, so we're just coming into my riding season. Yay!
    :)
    - Bax

Paul Turner and Sara-s like this.
  5. Xring3

Xring3 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Took my wife to the range today. Shooting a .22 revolver. Still focusing on safety, loading and control. Having fun with the basics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Enrico, Hembree, Frijolero and 3 others like this.
  6. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Went to church with the family, and mowed the lawn, in the pouring rain. It started 10 minutes into it, and what the heck, I'm going to sweat anyway, and get wet. Might as well stay cool doing it.

Enrico, Hembree, Sara-s and 1 other person like this.
  7. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I made a leather document case (pics later). No kit, no pattern. I just figured out what I needed, cut the leather & took it from there.

Enrico, Hembree, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  8. Bax

Bax Well-Known Member

Needed to put an edge on an AF survival knife. Was having no luck with stones. The chubby cutting angle needed to be re-profiled. So I used the grinder I keep out in the pole barn near the forge, using the finest grit I had. Then I finished it up with the stone. I guess that's manly.
    - Bax

Enrico, Hembree and Frijolero like this.
  9. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Power tools, sharp objects, barns? Yep, that qualifies.

Hembree and Sara-s like this.
  10. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Hembree likes this.
  11. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Post up some pics of that knife here ---> https://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/any-pocket-knife-folks-here.50783/

Frijolero likes this.
  12. Xring3

Xring3 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Bought this manly pistol today. Of course, it is for my wife.

DaltonGang and Frijolero like this.
  13. Bax

Bax Well-Known Member

"...it's for my wife."
    RiiiIIIiight!
    We won't tell anybody.
    A pink gun functions just as well as a black one. Only cuter.

And if you ever need to USE it, prosecution "Exhibit A" won't look as evil or aggressive.

IMHO all police dogs should be named "muffin," " cupcake," or "cuddles."
    - Bax

lottenhem, Enrico, DaltonGang and 3 others like this.
  14. Xring3

Xring3 Well-Known Member

Even if she doesn’t shoot it…..At least she told me she DID like it. Btw…..it’s pink? Gee, I couldn’t tell…..I’m colorblind. Lol

15. Bax

Bax Well-Known Member

Glad to see it's full-sized. I used to train cops and competitive shooters, sometimes individuals on the side. The biggest mistake most husbands made was buying their wives cute little colored pistols (usually .380 or 9mm), which just meant that the poor wives couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a teeny pink grip, miniature sight radius, and lightweight pistols that'd flip violently when fired. That just put 'em off entirely with the scary "kick" (a term I soundly dislike), and their lack of success also discouraged them. They can go teeny after they learn the basics (grip, stance, sight picture, breath control, trigger control, follow-through... basic stuff) with a full size "marksmanship device." I think that's a .22 Mosquito... great choice as a plinker and as a training pistol! Well played.
    - Bax

Sara-s likes this.
  16. Xring3

Xring3 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I started her first with a Heritage Bar Keep .22. Light enough she could hold it, easy on the recoil and has a safety so the hammer doesn’t hit the firing pin. Figured this was easy on the pin when empty and practicing at home. Her disability limits her standing much so she sits most of the time at first. Will work on stance later. Patience, patience, patience. Going too fast and getting cross with her only puts an end to the process. Eventually we will try the .22 rifle at a little longer range. With more confidence maybe a 9mm or .38 special later on. Heavy rifles from the bench, 30.06, 8mm, will be last.
    Her first experience shooting was at 8 years old. Stepdad had her shoot a 12 gauge. It knocked her to the ground, she dropped the shotgun, he got mad and that was the end of shooting till now. So, 63 years later this is where we are at.

Mike

Sara-s likes this.
  17. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

"GO GET 'EM MUFFIN!!!""

Xring3 and Sara-s like this.
  18. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Restored a Plumb 24oz ball peen hammer with a vintage handle.

IMG_2423.jpg
    The hole was a little big for the handle so added oak then reshaped it.

19. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Playing the good son/husband -- took my wife and Mom to the quilt store.
    It does give me time to peruse the Den and make posts such as this as they wander the shoppe.

brit, Frijolero, Sara-s and 3 others like this.
  20. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

The ye olde one? ;)