Titanic and 3017...?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Primotenore, Apr 27, 2018.

?

Why do you "3017" a product?

1. For the Challenge

24.0%
  2. Because I was Challenged

16.0%
  3. Because I am Challenged

16.0%
  4. None of the above

24.0%
  5. All of the above

48.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

She's an Arko girl, first and foremost. However, I think she has enough room in her heart to love the Midnight Stag too. :D

2. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

876E7015-1448-48EA-83F2-6EDDFFC8CBB0.jpeg

3. jtspartan

You are correct, Maestro.

4. jtspartan

1E209A5D-32FF-45A2-A54C-5DD5E363448B.jpeg
    ???

5. wristwatchb

6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

So she has the same sentiment for Midnight Stag as for Clubman. I wrote in a post a long time ago that was like being up in my Grandpa's attic. That masculine.

7. Paul Turner

Aisle 12 in a supermarket(not my idea, I must say-oh, I just DID say that).

clint64 and wristwatchb like this.
  8. Paul Turner

Clearly I didn't read your post before making mine about how Kathy feels about Midnight Stag. But if she might like MS, why not Clubman, too? This is an ongoing investigation. By the way, I just wrote a review at Bill Neumann, and almost CALLED it that! Had to be careful and say "William Neumann&Co."

clint64, Frijolero and wristwatchb like this.
  9. wristwatchb

January 27 - Arko Shave # 45

I just completed another fine two-passer with the same setup. I'm happy with the performance of the Arko. In fact, my shaves over the past couple of months have been some of my best. The stick is still going strong. Much of its scent has dissipated as it sits proudly on my bathroom counter between uses.

As you know, hillbillies refine various things in barns and warehouses. This process sometimes take years to complete. I capitalized upon the time-tested success of this practice. I have an unwrapped Arko stick and a puck of Midnight Stag with the lid removed refining in the garage. Too bad I'm currently out of empty oak barrels. I'll need to monitor this process closely to avoid damaging the painted surfaces of the walls and my car. And so far the neighbors haven't complained. For some reason, though, the dog-walkers are avoiding the sidewalk in front of the house. :p

I hope you all had a great week. I enjoy following along with the 3017 pursuits of my friends here.

10. Paul Turner

Do you plan to bring in the Midnight Stag and administer it to your face nd neck?

clint64, Frijolero and wristwatchb like this.
  11. wristwatchb

Sure! I will give it some time, and I will then remove the puck from the container, flip it over, and let the other side refine. Then I may grate it up and let it refine even more. I wish I could take credit, but these steps are straight outta the book for the three-dimensional, rotational, multi-surface hillbilly refinement process. Mos Def. The key thing is to keep open flames and sparks away from the puck so that it doesn't catch fire while the gasoline evaporates.

Oh...that reminds me...I need to add the rider to my homeowner's insurance policy that provides cleanup for stubborn odors.

I hope you are doing well and having a great Friday, Paul.

12. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

13. Paul Turner

You'll need Trigger to make an extra set of keys for you to enter his lab. I'm OK thanks. Colonoscopy scheduled for March 14. Where I'll be doing it, you don't need that ugly seaweed drink now....just pills and water. But you still have to do it in two sets(previous night, and morning of).

clint64, wristwatchb and Frijolero like this.
  14. wristwatchb

I pray the colonoscopy is uneventful, Paul. :)

clint64 and Paul Turner like this.
  15. Paul Turner

Thank you Charlie. I have some time to get "mentally prepared" for the thing.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2023
    clint64 and wristwatchb like this.
  16. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

17. wristwatchb

January 28 - Arko Shave # 46

Gillette Old Type Single Ring (1911)
    Astra SP (1)
    Simpson Chubby 2 Super
    Arko
    Alum, witch hazel, USB, and Fine L'Orange Noir aftershave

SOTD_012823.jpg

18. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Jason.

jtspartan likes this.
  19. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Congrats Jason. I am also enjoying the focus.

jtspartan and wristwatchb like this.
  20. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

January 29, 2023
    Feather DE
    Feather Blade
    Simpson CH2 Synthetic
    Mithchell’s Wool Fat
    Small Batch Shave Tonic

[​IMG]

I did shave on Thursday but I was so stressed and overloaded this week, I did not take a picture or post. I have decided that shaving only a few days a week allows the MWF to harden up between shaves. This makes loading harder and severely lengthens the 3017 process. Going forward I will be moving back to my previous routine of shaving every day and taking the photos ahead of time.

Another great shave this morning. Perhaps I will get tired of the Feather razor and switch it out but honestly it just works for me and over the last year has become my most used razor.