Best Knots?

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by rmcintyre84, Feb 19, 2022.

1. pocosso

pocosso Active Member

Yes, as far as I know, only Badger. But they Knots are over the top!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2023
  2. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Let's not forget about horsehair brushes. Ol' Seabiscuit makes for some great brushes. After reading reviews about horsehair brushes, I got a Vie-Long Epsilon model GC13900/3, and couldn't be happier. Claim's that horse has the backbone of boar and the softness of badger are pretty much true. Mine has not shed in over 7 years of daily use.

Mine came from Gifts and Care, and they are probably on Amazon by now.

https://www.giftsandcare.com/en/hor...a-de-afeitar-caballo-blanco-epsilon-26mm.html

Here is my review, in case anyone finds it useful:

https://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/vie-long-epsilon-horse-hair-shaving-brush.47604/

Hi ho Silver, away! ;)

PLANofMAN, wristwatchb and SterFry like this.
  3. SterFry

SterFry Well-Known Member

I'm sure most of you already know, but 25mm Muhle STFv2 knots are once again available.

4. huck1680

huck1680 Great Northern CanUkrainian

Zenith makes an absolutely terrific boar brush(s)

5. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

My ABSOLUTE ABSOLUTE favorite knot at the moment is a Synthetic knot from AP Shave Co…the G5C…man, i can tell you…this is so close to a Silvertip as a Synthetic knot can be. Holds water and retains heat a little, splays wonderful after 3-4 uses and has just the right amount of backbone. I am HIGHLY impressed with it. Just ordered a new handle from Shavemac and will order this knot again for this handle. It is fantastic. Give it a go if you are interested.

jtspartan and SterFry like this.
  6. SterFry

SterFry Well-Known Member

The g5C is the current pinnacle of brush making technology. Absolutely amazing brushes for people that like a lot of backbone. In many cases softness and backbone are inversely proportional to one another, which isn't at all the case with the g5 series.

jtspartan and ChiefShaver like this.