What are you listening to?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by saltypete, May 14, 2009.

1. saltypete

saltypete New Member

What music have you been playing on your I pod or CD player lately?

In the car this morning I had a playlist including Thelonious Monk, Charles Mingus and John Coltrane.

This afternoon whilst studying I had some Beethoven playing and tonight I was listening Sum 41's 'Chuck" album.

What about you guys?

Pete

Douglas Carey and GDCarrington like this.
  2. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

Today, I plan to listen to Schubert's 9th Symphony. I just bought 2 recordings last night - one from George Szell and the Cleveland Orchestra, the other from Wand and the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra.

3. Dexterous

Dexterous Member

The last two Decemberist albums, The Crane Wife and The Hazards of Love.

4. saltypete

saltypete New Member

This afternoon whilst enjoying a beer and cigar with my uncle we listened to a suite by Respighi called 'The Pines'. After the football is finished I'm planning on cranking up Metallica's Death Magnetic album.

Pete

5. omegapd

omegapd New Member

Pete,

Don't feel too bad that your post hasn't garned many replies. We're not ignoring you. We just did this same post like a week and a half ago or so. ;) I'm still listening to the same thing I did back then...:D

EW

6. Corey

Corey Member

Got the Zune loaded with Ween, David Bowie, Dead Milkmen, more Ween, Cake, Modest Mouse, and a few others.

KJB likes this.
  7. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

:happy102I love the Dead Milkmen. Punk Rock Girl was my favorite song for a good half a year - Beelzebubba is a great album.

8. Corey

Corey Member

I love Beelzebubba! I've got that, Eat Your Paisley, Big Lizard in my Backyard, and Not Richard but Dick. Such good music that goes under appreciated by so many.

9. Batmang

Batmang New Member

Van Morrison and his "Keep It Simple" CD

Nathan

10. Special_K

Special_K New Member

After seeing this, I think I will listen to a little Metallica (playlist I put together IMO best songs from Kill 'Em All to Death Magnetic).

11. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

I definitely prefer their earlier stuff to their new stuff. Big Lizard is always a classic, but Beelzebubba still remains at the top of my list. Honestly, I didn't really go for any of their stuff after Metaphysical Graffiti. Soul Rotation had just a bit too much of a pop feel for me.

As to the original post: right now I am listening to some kind of French rock group that my French coworker is blaring.

12. Infotech

Infotech Active Member

I've been listening to a Johnny Cash "best of" CD I picked up at Half Priced Book Store for $5. It has all the greats on it plus a few I haven't heard before. about 27 songs in all.

13. Minstrel

Minstrel New Member

Savoring a single malt and listening to the Doors Greatest Hits......

14. saltypete

saltypete New Member

Yeah just saw that post in the Chatterbox. Never been in there before, I shoulda checked first. Ah well, you live and learn.

Pete

15. Dexterous

Dexterous Member

:happy088

Zero 7 is in high rotation on my mp3 player when I'm at work. The only problem is that I always have this hankering for a Manhattan while I'm listening to them.

16. RnR

RnR Member

Just to be different... today it's NASA TV - as I love listening to astronauts trying to shade-tree wrench a multi-billion $ telescope (Hubble).

And last night I recorded a group of acoustic guitar pickers (one using a resonator) in a start-up country band. My MOST FAVORITE tune being Four Strong Winds which they only tried once and appparently gave up on - there was a harmonica briefly employed which sounded WUNNERFUL!!

17. RnR

RnR Member

Oh now, that's sweet... hope you got decent audio gear for that kind of audio ecstasy!

18. CaptainDave

CaptainDave New Member

I found a live version of One and not from S&M. Its the first thing I've been listening to at the gym.

19. saltypete

saltypete New Member

There's a pretty good version of One in the 'Liveshit Binge and Purge' boxset.
    I'm not sure , but I think there is also a performance of the same song on the 'Cunning Stunts' DVD. I love Metallica, their music means so much to me and is responsible for the broad and eclectic appreciation I have developed for music of all genres. To me, Metallica is the purest form of music I know and it forms part of the soundtrack to my (sometimes misspent) youth.

Pete