Alpa 378

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by TitanTTB, Apr 10, 2012.

1. TitanTTB

TitanTTB Well-Known Member

Had my first experience today with Alpa 378 that I won in Moe's Bad Stinkum PIF.

First of all I have to admit that I'm not very sophisticated with aftershaves and scents in general. I use witch hazel most of the time and have only used a few other drugstore aftershaves like Barbasol and Clubman before.

Alpa 378 is made in the Czech Republic and comes in a smaller 50ml bottle that looks like its would be a great size for travel. It comes in a glass bottle which is nice to see and the glass has imperfections that I think gives it an interesting character.
    I've read a couple of other reviews that compare the scent to Irisch Moos. I've never used any IM products so I can't make the comparison. When I open up the cap I get a kind of powdery-medicine smell. It dispensed nicely into my palm. I didn't get much of a burn, but it felt nice. It has menthol that gives it a bit of cooling but not much, it also contains septonexem which I read is some sort of disinfectant. The powdery-medicine turned into a kind of a powdery-mossy, I suppose. The scent didn't last too long maybe 15 minuets.

I've only used it one time but have to say that I rather enjoyed it, the Czech knockoff of a Dollar Store knockoff of an Avon knockoff of Aqua Velva is a winner in my book.
    Thanks again Moe!

Conrad1959 likes this.
  2. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

That's a great description - like that! ;)

3. zirvan

zirvan Member

While I realize the description was made in jest, the 378 aftershave has actually been made since at least the 1950's and several reviews compare it favourably to Irisch Moos.

4. kaiser

kaiser Member

Anyone knows an European online retailer for it?

5. TitanTTB

TitanTTB Well-Known Member

6. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I see they're located in Germany.

7. kaiser

kaiser Member