What are you waiting on to arrive...?

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Darkbulb, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Technium

Technium Active Member

A couple soaps from the UK, but the one I'm looking forward to most is the EJ with the diamond cut handle, deeper knurling.

Omelmad likes this.
  2. Technium

Technium Active Member

Ha ha. I went out to get the mail and there was a hand addressed envelope. Don't see many of those these days. Turned out to be a five pack of Personna Labs that I'd traded for some Wilkinsons someone wanted to try. So I guess I couldn't say I was "waiting for" them since I forgot they were coming. Nice little surprise. I have to say. I'm very glad to have other folks like you guys who understand the small pleasures involved in our pastime!

Omelmad and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  3. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

A pack of Polsilvers, a pack of Silver Blues and a blade bank, I probably should have ordered shave stick as well.

Bama Samurai and Jayaruh like this.
  4. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I got a variety of pirates cove soaps
    I got a puck of rose from the traveling box I like it so much that I ordered more, at three/ four bucks a puck,I ended up picking seven. hope the rest are as nice as the rose.

Jayaruh likes this.
  5. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

I ordered up a pair of custom blend soaps from Kevin @ BSBC. They both will have a little bit of menthol which I'm lacking from my soap collection.

Jayaruh likes this.
  6. Technium

Technium Active Member

I still need to try both of those.

Also I had some GoToobs delivered today. So I can buy my glycerine and face cleanser in bulk but have it in nice silicone tubes rather than having giant containers cluttering up the shave space.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
    Bama Samurai and BigMark like this.
  7. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

Same here. I have read good things about both with little negative comments.

8. Technium

Technium Active Member

I give them a big thumbs up. They're on the spendy side for containers, but they are high quality. They feel great in the hand and they're nice and pliable so you can really squeeze stuff out with just a bit of pressure. Just talking about it makes me want to go up and whip up a glycerine enhanced lather just so I can squeeze the bottle. :lyrtuy5:

9. Shotwell

Shotwell Well-Known Member

Waiting on this. Literally the entire description on eBay said simply:

"Razor."

A seller of few words, apparently. Anyway, this is what I'm now waiting for. A New, unless I miss my guess. Am I right? Kind of a shot in the dark on this one... Bought it without much info to go on except a couple of slightly blurry pics.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413689851.712479.jpg

10. Technium

Technium Active Member

Ha ha. That's funny. Does look like a promising LC New. Though I don't know many of the mores specific models. Let us know what you find when you open it up!

11. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I'm waiting on my first Feather blades.
    upload_2014-10-19_14-49-59.png

edit: looks like it is going to be a long wait. it is coming from Thailand. expected delivery... November 13-28.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  12. icemanwbs

icemanwbs Well-Known Member

Awaiting some samples I ordered, some tobs, some after shaves. Should be here Monday !

Jayaruh likes this.
  13. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Waiting on:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (Hey, they were only $5.99 for four:) )

Radiotube and Jayaruh like this.
  14. david of central florida

15. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Not as much as my upcoming review showing them off will be.

dscaver and fram773 like this.
  16. david of central florida

thanks for the warning

fram773 likes this.
  17. Technium

Technium Active Member

Disappointment. Tried to order an EJ diamond cut, deep knurled DE89. Ended up with one called a Kelvin which has knurling more like a Merkur level of quality and has a handle the size of a NEW. Kinda looked like one of the old Gillette travel razors. Too damn small for me. Now I've tot he right one ordered. Was looking forward to taking the EJ for a spin today. Oh well.

18. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

We are all relieved that you are getting away from the thongs.:happy102:

fram773 and HolyRollah like this.
  19. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Same here. Going commando is so much more liberating :)

fram773 likes this.
  20. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

They look very comfortable. I've seen that AS in Sweden. But never really gave it a second thought =P

Darkbulb likes this.