Discussion in 'Freebies' started by Rufus T., Nov 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Secret Santa Date Code PIF

UPDATE: As of Dec. 5 - Razors (10) Loaded into Santa's Sleigh = :santa:santa:santa:santa:santa:santa:santa:santa:santa:santa
    Santa has run out of elves to fill the sleigh!
    Help Wanted - More Elves Needed!

Donor's: Please send in your match as soon as possible to: @Rufus T.

Ho ho ho, etc. :santa

This idea was the brainstorm of @gorgo2 back in August. As his life has gotten a bit complicated, I am pinch hitting for him to assist in completing the project. We all thank him for all of the success the project will bring. Thanks also to @Epimetheus for his recent assistance in the relaunch.

We will close the original thread and move forward from here.

The idea of this PIF is not intended to compete with or replace the existing Secret Santa PIF, but to complement it and run side by side.

The idea is simple: post your personal date code (DC). If someone has a matching razor they're willing to part with, they'll send it to you for Christmas. See here and here if you don't know your code.

Rules:

Potential PIF recipients should have posted their personal info in the original thread within the original rules as follows:
    • Potential recipients must have a minimum post count of 50.
    • If you're one of those who fall under two or more identical DCs, please specify your exact year.
    • If you are outside CONUS you are welcome to participate. Just be sure to include your country or any pertinent shipping info they'll need to know.
    • Shipping costs will be born by the donor.
    • If you were born pre- or post-date code, post the year in which you were born. You might receive a non-date coded razor (certain injectors, for example) which are believed to approximate your birth year. Hey, it's the thought that counts, right?
    • No requests for a particular style or model of razor, please.
    • Just as there's no guarantee someone will have a match for you, there's also no guarantee on what razor you may receive or how pretty it will be. Donors guarantee only that the PIF'd razor is in working order and shaves like it should.
    • If a donor doesn't have an exact match (say, only the correct year), he may offer to send it to you as "close enough." You may accept it, or politely turn it down and wait for another offer.
    • Recipients will be removed from this year's list upon being matched with a donor.

Birth Year Razor PIF Process

1 - All previous participants should check the link below and make sure their name is on the list and the info is accurate. List is both by name and birth year. New participants can send their info by PM to @Rufus T.

CURRENT Participant List as of 11-24-15 9pm GMT, 4pm EST, 1pm PST https://www.dropbox.com/s/srzeeacbgqykbm5/secretsantadatecode.xlsx?dl=0

2 - PM @Rufus T. with any corrections/updates by November 14.

3 - PM @Rufus T. with the Birth Year razor they already own. Also advise what razor you have to PIF.

4 - All data will be updated as received this weekend. PIF razor info will be kept confidential of course!

5 - All participants check the list next Monday for potential PIF to give. RT will assist in finding a match.

6 - Advise @Rufus T. of any PIF you'd like to send. RT will assist in finding a match.

7 - Recipient will be contacted by Rufus T to confirm a match and obtain mailing address. Address will be forwarded to Secret Santa by Rufus T.

8 - Secret Santa will mail PIF as soon as contacted and no later than December 1st and forward Tracking Number to Rufus T.

9 - Rufus T will send tracking number to Recipient just for tracking purposes.

10 - Recipient will contact their Secret Santa upon receipt of gift or contact Rufus T. if sender was anonymous.

11 - Recipients are asked to post pics of what they receive and, if it was made known to them, who sent it.

Send questions by PM to @Rufus T.

REMEMBER: This is purely voluntary, so there is no guarantee what (if anything) you may receive. Please take no offense if no match is made for you...and of course - It is better to give than to receive!

Enjoy!

:wave: Let the PIFs begin! :wave:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  2. rxshave

rxshave Member

1984. No code, closest is the 1985 or the "1980's" codes. In Canada.

Rufus T. likes this.
  3. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I'm too young. I dont think I would enjoy something made last quarter of 1987.

Bama Samurai, NapalmCola and Rufus T. like this.
  4. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Let the fun begin.

Rufus T. likes this.
  5. NapalmCola

NapalmCola Well-Known Member

Maybe it can be 1887. Still 87. You might get a big ol cleaver straight razor .

Rufus T. and twhite like this.
  6. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Good point NapalmC! - If you don't have a birth year that can be linked to a specific razor - Pick one! Perhaps the date of your father's birth, or his father, or mother with the thought of eventually handing it down to one of your kin at some point.

7. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Or just move your year back 25 years. That will get you the right letter for your year.

Tom

Rufus T. likes this.
  8. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

:signs011: Brilliant! :eatdrink047:

twhite likes this.
  9. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

My birth year is 1980 which is an A1 date code. The bad news is that I don't care for the plastic base on that model.

I would prefer to find an adjustable with the date code of U2 for the plane I worked on for 5 years.

Also known as the dragon lady or black beauty.

10. NapalmCola

NapalmCola Well-Known Member

Because no millennials or igen should have to shave with one of these " modern razors "
    uploadfromtaptalk1447307341820.jpg

11. rxshave

rxshave Member

Roll back to 25 years to 1959 - E. Still in Canada (for now)

Rufus T. likes this.
  12. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

fyi - A1 can also designate 1955, if you wish.

I will add you to the list as a U2 as requested, unless otherwise notified.

just a polite fyi - as noted in the original rules -
    • No requests for a particular style or model of razor, please.
    But hey, it could happen right Tiny Tim?
    :)

BigCabDaddy likes this.
  13. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

ok sir I will add you as a 1959 E any quarter.

...and get that 50th message sent soon!
    ;)

14. JR Reyes

Sorry about that...I noticed that rule after I hit post reply.

I think only 2 models were made in 1980. The superspeed and adjustable.

Rufus T. likes this.
  15. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

You're good for U2 brother! Hopefully your ship will come in! (or airplane, get it? U2?!! ) :happy068:

JR Reyes likes this.
  16. JR Reyes

:D:D

Rufus T. likes this.
  17. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Chicken Wing Ice Cream for everyone!

11143-1.jpg :eatdrink023:

Halvor, JR Reyes and twhite like this.
  18. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

( @Rufus T.)

Thanks for taking this over! I will look tonight and see if I have any razors that are candidates for this. :happy088:

19. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

That's a great idea. The razors I have to PIF don't match any of the current date codes. picking dad's or granddad's birthday will create more possibilities for some Yuletide generosity.

NapalmCola and Rufus T. like this.
  20. Jasman

Jasman Well-Known Member

Apologies well in advance if any pics I post don't function as intended; this has happened to me before here at TSD.

Rufus T. likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.