Your Briefcase

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Gilligan and Walter, Dec 25, 2014.

1. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

When I was working, I used a rolling briefcase. Teachers carry ALOT of stuff! Now I use a rolling archery bag, but I am not sure that counts.

Tdmsu likes this.
  2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Oh yeah, that counts!

Sara-s likes this.
  3. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Oh, good, because archers carry a lot of stuff too.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  4. RainmanJH

RainmanJH Member

Used to carry leather bags, went rolling bag for awhile and over the last year have been carrying this. I love this bag adds character, great utility, extremely durable and I feel like it fits my personality.
    511.JPG

Dzia Dzia, Omaney and gorgo2 like this.
  5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I was carrying a pleather satchel but my new job has me lugging too much stuff home. I didn't want to but I bought this backpack that has paddes straps so I can carry way more than the bag could...laptop, 3" binder, lunch container, plus spare socks and drawers ('cuz you just never know). Plus it has some kind of hydration thing and ski pole holders on it, for the next time I go cross-country skiing to work.

wristwatchb and Dzia Dzia like this.
  6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
  7. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

8. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Member

I carried the old Lands End Square Rigger briefcase (not the new, made in China crap model) for about twenty years. Now, it carries my wood carving tools.

wristwatchb likes this.
  9. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

I'm happy to find I'm not the only one around here who sports a Murse. I took some guff a while back when I mentioned mine.
    http://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/the-haul-may-2015.44829/page-10#post-833948
    I have four... One small nylon bag, one canvas that was featured in the first Indiana Jones, one featured with Jack Bauer in 24, and a leather Daniel Cremeaux my wife caught on sale at Dillard's. I use them all. Being on the road most days I like to carry my effects with me and keep them somewhat organized. I take the ribbings in stride.

10. Alejandro S

Alejandro S Active Member

I have a filson 256 in dark brown and this coach leather one.

The coach was made in the usa according to its stamp. It is very nice and perfect in size. I think I paid $40 at a thrift store
    [​IMG]

Dzia Dzia and wristwatchb like this.
  11. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

It depends on how much stuff I have that day. I have a small hand sewed messenger bag I made out of an old pair of BDUs and I have a newer BOG 3 day pack in ACU that I care when I have alot. I have a hardside briefcase but don't use it for more than storage.

Double Edge Dougy likes this.
  12. Double Edge Dougy

Double Edge Dougy Well-Known Member

My local marshalls has a bunch of leather messanger bags on sale...im thinking after christmas theyll be even cheaper, ive been needing a bag/briefcase for work

13. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Questions!

1. Do you have a link to it?
    2. If so, can you post it.
    3. Do you often drink Hennesy down by the docks?

Thanks!

14. ironthinker

ironthinker Well-Known Member

Here is my, like new, Medici briefcase, that I purchased on Ebay. I love quality, but really love quality at a great price.

[​IMG]

15. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

When I was commuting every day I carried a Timbuk 2 messenger bag. If I ever commute everyday again, I'll go back to that. Waterproof, held everything I needed for the day including a fullsize thermos, lunch, and bottled water. Now I carry a small canvas sling type bag. Still kind of like a messenger bag, but smaller and it hugs the body. I honestly forget that it's there. It holds everything I need or want to bring with me.

[​IMG]

gorgo2, wristwatchb and Dzia Dzia like this.
  16. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I just dug out an old black leather satchel I forgot I had. It's probably from the 1950s, maybe the sixties, in handsomely beat up shape. I've started using it to carry my stuff to and from work. I'd post a picture but its pretty boring looking; picture a large version of it old doctor's bag and that's pretty much it. Basically this with no side zipper and in scuffy black.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
    wristwatchb and Bama Samurai like this.
  17. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

May I ask where did you buy it? I'm in the market for a new briefcase.

18. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

At the moment (until it's worn out) you can spot me in the streets wearing a costum designed navy blue Timbuk2 messenger bag.

19. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Funny