Me, myself and the Veg.

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by tuxxdk, Feb 3, 2016.

1. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

Today I went brave. Brave ol'me. Sometimes. Today was one.

I put on The Veg before going out the door for work. Went into the living room to kiss my girlfriend goodbye and at about 3,5 seconds after that she had a glitch on her face. You know, like a videogame with a bad frame or hiccup. Followed by a meddled sound of "what the **** is that you're wearing??". Feeling confident today I winked and asked if she liked it. She mumbled something about a cat just before I dashed and fleed the scene, just missing the TV- remote stroking my neck as it flew by. Good thing the car locks from the inside!

So now I'm sitting here at work, wondering if my Den still hangs or its been burned :)

Thanks @Bama Samurai for the sample. It's not that bad once it mellows out. Apparently it's not for everyone. Lol.

2. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

3. RyX

RyX DoH!

When I wear it, the first couple minutes are quite intense. Half hour later it's mellowed. I do catch a whiff hours later after the Felinus Incontinus has faded.
    You might try reapplying with enough time for the initial effect to dissipate.
    There is lilac in there somewhere.

4. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

My barber wears it - in fact, he's very generous about how he applies it. Whenever I get a haircut he insists on giving me a good splash or two of it and I tell him "no, thanks!" in Greek!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  5. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Only"real men" can be "Veg"-atarians! :)

6. Mr. Freeze93

Mr. Freeze93 Prefers the baby blue dress

Since being chosen I pretty much bath in the Veg. The wife loves it and so do I so win-win!

7. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

it had to have been the veg. Surely by now she is accustomed to the smell of lutkfisk and herring breath....

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
    Bama Samurai, Bussemand and Spyder like this.
  8. RyX

RyX DoH!

On occasions I catch the Playdoh scent.

“Legends say the Veg will magnify your true essence…on some, it smells like cannon smoke and raw courage; on others, like an involuntary bodily reaction caused by the sudden unexpected appearance of cannon smoke and raw courage.” Topgumby of B&B

9. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

My wife said I smelled like a Porta Potty. I've been advised to start by decanting it into a glass bottle, then let it sit with the cap off for a week or two. Apparently it can dramatically alter the scent profile. I'm working on finishing up a hot sauce bottle now for decanting, so I'll let you know when I have some results.

RaZorBurn123, Bama Samurai and RyX like this.
  10. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

I like the hot sauce bottle idea:) I learn something new every day!

Bama Samurai likes this.
  11. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

Enjoy using the VEG, and noticed a difference once I decanted into an actual classic glass VEG bottle...but any glass bottle would do, I just got lucky one day and found my bottle very cheap (i think less than 10 bucks with shipping)
    [​IMG]

RaZorBurn123, RyX and Bama Samurai like this.
  12. gwsmallwood

20160203_205641_20160204092352851.jpg

RaZorBurn123 and Bama Samurai like this.
  13. RyX

RyX DoH!

When decanting to a glass bottle the label can be moved. After emptying the precious green fluid from the plastic container, fill with water. Using your microwave in short burst of 10 to 15 seconds will soften the glue. Careful of the now hot water and softened plastic bottle. While the glue is still hot and soft move the label to the new glass container. You're welcome!

14. gwsmallwood

That's what I did, but you might be able to tell by the condition of the label that it was the first time, and I learned a little. I read somewhere that 120 seconds was just about right for most microwaves. So I filled 'er up with water and placed in the nuker for 120. Opened up 2 minutes later to a bloated bottle sitting inside a microwave that was fairly well soaked and smelled strongly of Clubman. Apparently my power rating is a little different than whomever gave that advice...

RaZorBurn123, battle.munky and RyX like this.
  15. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Cool! Now, I'll go home and make a big hit with SWMBO by cleaning old hot sauce out of the fridge. Little will she know;)

GatorJoe and Bama Samurai like this.
  16. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I use a Texas Pete bottle. That little hole is a PITA to get fluid back into. I ultimately ended up putting a qtip with on end broken off (cotton end into the bottle being decanted from) and let the fluid drip down the broken qtip stick. Had way more control and lost a lot less AS that way.

17. southernscribbler

southernscribbler Well-Known Member

My wife has confiscated bot my Clubman and Masters Lilac Veg. She now uses it. Says it's too flowery for me to wear and that it smells much better on her. Did NOT see that coming!

18. gwsmallwood

That's some serious dedication to a particular bottle. My solution would have been to buy another bottle with a little larger opening.

battle.munky, Bama Samurai and Spyder like this.
  19. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Sounds like it also might be difficult to get a couple of big handfuls out of the bottle. Don't everyone know it take lots of Veg?

battle.munky, RyX and Bama Samurai like this.
  20. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Heroic!

tuxxdk likes this.