USA Bunny Encore Pass Around - Closed

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Karl G, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

So what's happening? Has the Bunny been kidnapped? Is it broken (I didn't do it)? ??

HERM

Jim99 and Karl G like this.
  2. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

I have not yet explored injector razors but this one piqued my interest. Although I've seen this thread before, I hadn't realized that this was a custom machined unique creation from one of the members here. The razor looks really good and it got me researching injectors all day today. Is there only one in existence or will more be made at some point?

twhite and Karl G like this.
  3. Herm2502

Injectors are interesting and totaling different from DE razors, not only in look, but in technique and performance. There are several "Bunny" racks in existence, but none for sale (yet). If you'd like to try this one leave a note for @twhite, there may still be room.

HERM

Jim99, RyX, Karl G and 1 other person like this.
  4. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

If you'd like to sign up for the pass-around, just read the rules on the original post, PM or let me know you're good with them and you'll be in. :)

Herm2502, Demidog and twhite like this.
  5. RyX

RyX DoH!

Tom @twhite was kind enough to document his journey as he designed and improved The Bunny.

The Original Thread

Then he let loose The Bunny on the world!

US East Coast Tour
    US West Coast Tour
    Canada Tour
    Europe Tour

This thread is the Encore US Tour. A last chance to Beta Test a new razor as it's being evaluated by members. I haven't heard from Tom about future plans, but he's paying attention to our reports.
    Two (possible unsubstantiated rumor fueled) future events;

• A) a New Improved Version 4.0
    • B) Tom decides to get wealthy and puts The Bunny into production.

AGHisBBS, Karl G, Demidog and 2 others like this.
  6. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

B?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karl G and RyX like this.
  7. RyX

RyX DoH!

Wealthy-er? If you made another dozen B-V3's and put them up on the bay I'm guessing it would be worth your time. Keep them rare and hard to get, but release a batch when you need to make a house payment. ;)

Jim99, Herm2502, Karl G and 1 other person like this.
  8. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

It's especially good to get feedback from those new to injectors so don't let that put you off if you are interested. :happy088:

Herm2502, Demidog, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  9. RyX

RyX DoH!

I was one of them just before I had my turn on the West Coast Pass Around. Chris @Bama Samurai hooked me up with a Schick type J. With barely a month's use of that razor, I really enjoyed my Bunny shaves. For someone with no injector experience they'd have no preconceived ideas or bad habits to mend.
    You ought to think fast @Demidog , get in line while it's available. "Dolphin Smooth" doesn't come around often!

Jim99, Karl G, Demidog and 2 others like this.
  10. wmbjr

wmbjr Duck, duck, cooked goose!

Sorry, I was out of town all weekend. The Bunny took a vacation to the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC. I have not broken it, though I have thought repeatedly about kidnapping the bunny as I absolutely love this razor.

I tried @twhite suggestion of using Wild and then Mild for my first and second passes. Using the Wild comb on the WTG/XTG pass resulted in some excellent reduction of beard growth. I was without a doubt CCS if not a low DFS without ever doing ATG. I could have easily done the one pass and been happy for most days of work. This really says something for the ability and efficiency of this razor. So then I switched to the Mild for the ATG pass. I have to admit I was left a little underwhelmed. ATG is where a razor really has to work hard with my beard. I think the Mild comb was just too mild. I ended a solid DFS, but I was really hoping for better. Now, I could not really even tell the Mild setting was doing anything as it is so, well . . . mild. I did notice a difference from before to after the ATG pass, but like I said it was not the high quality BBS I was hoping for.

I noticed for the first time the handle being a little slick. I am not sure if it was just being out of town and being a little more worried about the razor or whether it was something else. I am wondering whether some type of grip added to the underside of the bunny, similar to the PAL adjustable had would be beneficial? I also think it could be some groves in the metal and not the plastic grip that the PAL has. added to it I would never want to mess up the aesthetics of the top of the razor though, so would rather keep it exactly like it is if it would have any impact on the way this beauty looks from the top.

My next shave will be tonight and I plan to try WILD the whole way through. I will likely shave one or two more times with the bunny and then VERY reluctantly pass it along before the end of the week. It has been a wonderful week so far with the bunny!

BeShaved, Karl G, Jim99 and 2 others like this.
  11. Herm2502

Gotta watch that WILD Bunny, it'll bite!
    20161212_194156.png

HERM

AGHisBBS, twhite, RyX and 2 others like this.
  12. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Hey @twhite , when are you going to let the bunny multiply like rabbits so we can all have our own?

:santa

BeShaved, AGHisBBS, Herm2502 and 4 others like this.
  13. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

I'm gonna try to get to some stores this week to see if I can find injector blades anywhere. If I can find some for sale locally, then I think that I'd love to try this razor out. Are there any rules regarding sanitizing the blade like in PAL pass around? For example, would Scrubbing Bubbles and an isopropyl dunk be allowed?

BeShaved, Jim99 and Karl G like this.
  14. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

@twhite can correct me if I am wrong but, since the Bunny is not stainless steel, alcohol or Scrubbing Bubbles should be OK. :happy088:

Herm2502, Jim99 and Demidog like this.
  15. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Whatever you do, DO NOT let the bunny near these guys... the Scrubbing Bubbas.

[​IMG]

AGHisBBS, Jim99, Karl G and 2 others like this.
  16. RyX

RyX DoH!

If you don't find them in stock, Walgreens sells Schick Chick (Chinese) blades from their website.
    Schick Chicks.jpg

BeShaved, Jim99, Karl G and 1 other person like this.
  17. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I am working on it. Taking some time to find a manufacturer.

Karl G, Jim99, Demidog and 2 others like this.
  18. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Alcohol is fine. Let me test the scrubbing bubbles. I would rather wreck mine than the pass around.

BeShaved, Karl G and Jim99 like this.
  19. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

You mean you don't just put a boy bunny and a girl bunny together in a dimly lit room and turn on some Barry white? :(

BeShaved, Herm2502, Karl G and 4 others like this.
  20. RyX

RyX DoH!

A tablespoon of white vinegar (diluted acetic acid - NaHCO3) in a quart of water. Heat this solution to speed up the action. When the surface oxidation has been removed the process speeds up. It shouldn't affect brass.

BeShaved, Karl G and Jim99 like this.