1 for shaving and 1 to collect? Lady G's and color loss

Discussion in 'Women's Shaving' started by VictoriaRose, May 22, 2013.

?

1 or 2?

1. 2, one for shaving and one for collecting

18.8%
  2. 1, you're being silly

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 8, 2 of each color!

81.3%
  1. Craig12

Craig12 Member

I talked to my wife last night and showed her the video. She seems interested in the less irritation and said she may give it a try after the pregnancy. Thanks. I'll let you know if I switch her over to the dark side.

2. VictoriaRose

VictoriaRose New Member

Hahaha awesome, good luck.

3. Mark1966

Mark1966 Well-Known Member

The poll results are revealing me thinks!

Weeper Warrior likes this.
  4. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

My wife has the exact same razor Victoria. She was using my Merkur 34c up to that point. Everyone is different but I would not worry about ruining the razor, my wife's looks mint as well and she's been using it for a month and it will looks good. Just enjoy the shaves!

5. VictoriaRose

VictoriaRose New Member

Very good to know that they hold up well! I was worried because ebay has so many nasty looking ones, didn't know if that happened to all of them if used. Thanks!

6. ladymunkee88

ladymunkee88 New Member

Hey Victoria,
    I'm brand new here but my hubby just bought me a pink lady gillette. He bought two of them cause he got a good deal on them and we tried to clean one using scrubbing bubbles. After about a 20 minute soak it lost all the pink :( luckily he bought two though.
    how are you liking shaving with a de ?
    I just used mine for the first time and thought it to be a much closer, smoother shave.

7. VictoriaRose

VictoriaRose New Member

Thanks for the warning about scrubbing bubbles, and welcome to the forum! It's a useful resource with very nice people(sadly I've been slacking off with posting lately, but I owe this forum for getting me started!) I absolutely love my Lady G. I've had it long enough now that I'm comfortable using it, and I agree it has always given me closer shaves than I got before. I love that I can go a day or two between shaves without feeling prickly.

ladymunkee88 likes this.
  8. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I've cleaned dozens of safety razors, including a good number of Lady Gillettes, with Scrubbing Bubbles. Never had a single issue. I'd say someone may have tried painting that razor pink. Pink Lady Gillettes are rare, and bring more money.

And welcome to The Shave Den, ladies! :signs046:

ladymunkee88 likes this.
  9. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I only let my razors sit for 3-5 minutes and have had zero issues with losing paint, on my wife's Pink Lady or my Gillette Adjustables.

ladymunkee88 likes this.
  10. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

We have two of the light blue Lady Gillette's in my house and have never had an issue with paint loss from using scrubbing bubbles. Sounds pretty fishy to me.

11. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

I have the blue and no problems with mine either.

12. JCD

JCD Member

Signed up here for a different reason, but think perhaps I should be checking this out for myself
    Is it a good idea to shave ones legs in the bath ?

13. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I generally do.

JCD likes this.
  14. JCD

JCD Member

Thanks Sara - very reassuring I'd seen mostly mention of shower so I did wonder :)

15. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

I don't see why not.

JCD likes this.
  16. JCD

JCD Member

I did take the plunge and am converted :)

Queen of Blades likes this.