10 Fun Facts

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Jayaruh, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    OK, you don't have to share this. I just wanted to share it with you.

2. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

Lol

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

3. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Which hair? Your scalp? Or entire body? Scalp hair should be possible after a haircut.

4. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

:angry019:

richgem likes this.
  5. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

6. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

11. There's a sucker born every minute. ;)

7. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

12. If you can't spot the sucker in 5 min your it.

richgem likes this.
  8. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Yep, I sure did try number 3.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

9. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I tried #3 also. I hope nobody was watching!

lightcs1776 likes this.
  10. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

I tried No 3 also - my dog has been by my side since then and is acting very friendly.

lightcs1776 likes this.
  11. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

More fun facts (aka The Laws of Cartoon Physics);
    • Any body suspended in space will remain in space until made aware of its situation. Then the regular laws of gravity take over. This is why babies can defy gravity for elongated amounts of time. (The character walks off the edge of a cliff, remains suspended in midair, and doesn't fall until he looks down.) If this is referenced by a character in the cartoon as "Defying the law of gravity", it is often explained that the character(s) involved have "never studied law".
    • Any body passing through solid matter (usually at high velocities) will leave a perforation conforming to its perimeter (the "silhouette of passage").
    • Certain bodies can pass through solid walls painted to resemble tunnel entrances; others cannot. Corollary: Portable holes work.
    • All principles of gravity are negated by fear (i.e., scaring someone causes him to jump impossibly high in the air).
    • Any violent rearrangement of feline matter is impermanent. (In other words, cats heal fast and/or have an infinite number of lives.) Corollary: Cats can fit into unusually small spaces.
    • Everything falls faster than an anvil. (A falling anvil will always land directly upon the character's head, regardless of the time gap between the body's and the anvil's respective drops.)
    • Any vehicle on a path of travel is at a state of indeterminacy until an object enters a location in the path of travel. (Wolf looks both ways down the road, sees nothing, but gets run over by a bus as soon as he tries to cross.)

12. richgem

• Guns, particularly revolvers, hold an infinite number of bullets when used by the good guys, but not when used by the bad guys. Unless it serves the plot for the good guy to run out of bullets. In which case, throwing the empty gun at the bad guy is often sufficient to win the shootout.
    • Good guys can take a most astounding beating and sustain otherwise life-threatening injury from the bad guys without so much as flinching. But, they will whimper, recoil, and possibly cuss the moment the pretty girl attempts to dress their wounds.

lightcs1776 and Sara-s like this.
  13. RetLEO-07

Real life corollary a good guy(PO, solid citizen) can take a bullet to the hand and die. Dirtbag takes half a dozen to the torso and lives.

14. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

your second point reminds me of the classic C&W song "The Good Guys And The Bad Guys" which appears at the end of Clint Eastwood's "Any Which Way You Can", after Clyde socks the cop.

15. richgem

• The good guy(s) can always fit into the HVAC system which can always be used to * silently * transport them to any area of the building.
    • The cop nearing retirement will always sustain a life threatening injury within hours before retirement kicks in.
    • A vehicle always explodes in a huge fireball upon impacting the ground or upon the gas tank being shot.
    • When singing and/or dancing in public, everyone in the frame will know all the words and/or steps even though they are all random strangers. And it will be executed with perfect pitch and/or timing.

16. richgem

• When knocking out a guard or maintenance person, his uniform will always fit the good guy ... perfectly. And generally, no one will recognize that he's an imposter when he comes across legitimate staff.

17. RetLEO-07

Number two happens all too frequently in real life. Too frequently.

18. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

When the good guy is outnumbered, the bad guys will attack him, one at a time.

richgem likes this.
  19. richgem

And the others will dance around in a vaguely threatening manner waiting their turn. :rofl:

Sara-s likes this.
  20. richgem

And the corollary:

Any car full of teenagers (especially ones fleeing for their lives at night) will always break down on a deserted set of train tracks and then get hit by a speeding train from out of nowhere as all but one of the teens manage to escape at the last possible moment.

Noted variation for dumb-arsed driver thinking he can beat the train despite the flashing warning lights. In this scenario, the barrier gates either do not function or do not exist.