1964 GILLETTE SLIM ADJUSTABLE TTO

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Turk, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

64.jpg After messing around with ebay and trying to get a 64 Slim for a week or so, I gave up and just bought one as "buy it now". Good price and very nice razor.

GDCarrington and alpla444 like this.
  2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Cool. I have a '62, my birth year. May yours give you many great shaves!

3. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

The Slim is my #1 go to razor.

4. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

I know the feeling, I spent weeks tracking down my '63 Slim. Enjoy it!

5. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

I have the slim and the slim superadjustable with black handle (long and short). They are my favorites right now.

6. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Congratulation...wishing you many great shaves with it...

7. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

Yes, enjoy the slim.

8. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone. I bought the 64 Slim for a friend of mine that is just getting into DE shaving. I set the hook and he took it. However his wife bought him a 4 blade razor from AoS. He wants to use a DE. I picked it up for his wedding present (his birth year) with some Old Spice Lime Shaving cream and some feathers. Anyone would want that for a gift!

macaronus likes this.
  9. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

Congrats! My '62 is one of my favorites. Enjoy!

10. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

So the 64' Slim arrive today. This razor is beautiful. Looks hardly used! Makes my 59' FB look bad by comparison. Hopefully when I get my FB back from Reliable it will look as good. The bad thing is I like this 64' so much it will be hard to give it away to my friend which is who I bought it for! I wonder if I could sneak a few shaves in with it before I give it to him just to see how the Slim handles? Would that be breaking shaving etiquette?? ;)

11. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I'm sure it would be breaking some kind of Shaving Forum Etiquette if you didn't....:happy097:

macaronus and CyanideMetal like this.
  12. BossManBill

BossManBill Well-Known Member

Nice find

13. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Well, I broke shaving etiquette! I know, I know, how could I do such a thing but somehow I resisted to shave with the 64 and presented it to my friend. He loves it and looks forward to joining the ranks of the DE shaving club. Now I'll have to go out and find another 64 for my own use. I found out good news yesterday, they are opening an AoS in Chandler Az Mall. That Rocks as the other one in Scottsdale is quite a drive away.

14. ksb63

ksb63 Active Member

Know wonder it is hard to find a 64 everyone is snapping them up.

15. Billr

Billr Mix Master Mighty White!

Enjoy it! I had a nice slim but I had Tforc refinish it and I gave it to my son. I kinda wish I had another one to replace it. They are very nice razors.

GDCarrington likes this.
  16. Grande

Grande Member

I have 12 razors. The Slim is the only one that I have 2 of. I couldn't imagine being without one. I just got one for a pal. J-1, the "quarter" that Beatles were on Ed Sullivan.

17. ksb63

ksb63 Active Member

Finally got my birth quarter slim and travel razors. Yet to shave with but looking forward to.

18. ShortStrokes

ShortStrokes Well-Known Member

Congrats. I had to get the slim adj. 1968 1st quarter off of eBay because of my birth year. I think I overpaid but it is my favorite razor for sure. Enjoy!

GDCarrington likes this.
  19. paydepst

paydepst Member

I've always preferred the Slim to the FB myself. I still keep a Slim in my arsenal.

GDCarrington likes this.
  20. Diamondtim

Diamondtim Member

I have 3 Slims and an Aristocrat (gold Slim). Great shavers!