2008 Shavemac Holiday Group Buy

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Padron, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Las Medusas

Las Medusas New Member

I just ordered my very first Shavemac: A Slivertip Horn/Transparent! It's a really piece of eye candy, that's for sure, and I can't wait to shave with it.

As I was looking around the Shavemac website, I saw the Olive Wood with Nickel model (#223). Boy howdy, now that one's something special. I'm putting my daily Starbucks money in savings until I can buy that one, but for now, I'm really excited about my entry level brush.

2. JimR

JimR Active Member

Can you help a me out? I need some advice...

I use soaps almost exclusively (though I might change that if the Musgo Real is really good). I now have an Omega Boar which is quite good for soaps, and a C&E BBB on the way, which I understand is pretty good for soaps as well.
    When I oder my Shavemac, should I go for the Pure brush, or should I stretch the bank and knock it up to the Silvertip, for a mostly cream brush--which I don't use that much?

I'm only considering it because, well, I don't have a Silvertip and I don't know when I will be able to get one for this price again...

Hmmmm...

3. SlagleRock

SlagleRock Member

Those are some sexy brushes! I'm going to have to work on the wife for a good Christmas gift. She already got me (early) a Garmin Forerunner 405 for my running/training and that was over $300.

Cross your fingers for me!

4. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Jim the Pure does a fine job with soaps. The bulb shape of the Shavemac Silvertip (IMHO) makes it suitable for both soaps and creams. The longer softer tips touching the soap and your face and the shorter bristles on the outside providing stability for working cream or soap. Hope this helps!

5. ZethLent

ZethLent Member

Jim,

Why don't you go for the middle ground and get a finest?

While I love the feel of silvertip, I always enjoy the feeling of a firmer brush.

Seth

6. JimR

JimR Active Member

Are they available in finest?
    I thought the group buy only had two options...

But, you are right...I like a firm brush, too. Pure it is!

**Edit**

Wait a second....The price went up like $9!!!! Curse these exchange rates!!!!

7. SlagleRock

SlagleRock Member

Holy Cow!!

The loving Mrs. just ordered me the 585 in Silvertip!!!

:happy108:happy108:happy108:happy108:happy108

8. JimR

JimR Active Member

you lucky SOB!
    Good one you got there. ;)

9. SlagleRock

SlagleRock Member

Thanks! I can't wait to use it. Sadly that won't be until after the New Year when I finally get back home to Japan.

10. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Congrats! Don't worry, she might enjoy it as well! :D

11. Padron

Padron Active Member

In my best Napoleon Dynamite voice........."Lucky" :D :happy005

Congrats! on the great upcoming gift :cool:

12. superbleu

superbleu Active Member

Jim, go silver, it's phenomenal how soft the tips are. You can use it with soaps just fine, when you load the brush just choke up on the badger hairs to firm it up.
    It's pure luxury when you lather your face with the shavemac silvertips.

13. JimR

JimR Active Member

Thanks for the advice, guys, but it doesn't look like I'll be buying...$60 (for the pure) plus the 14 Euro shipping is just too much for me right now....

Too bad, really.

14. SlagleRock

SlagleRock Member

Oh she will, she's already asked me about teaching her how to use one of my brushes (or me using one of my brushes) on her when she shaves her legs! :D

Thanks, I'm stoked!

Sorry to hear that Jim! Here's to the next group buy!

15. Padron

Padron Active Member

I thought I mentioned it but will again,

Please check the details about the dimensions of the brushes, they are on the smaller side at 18mm and 20mm.....not that there's anything wrong with that. :) I have a 19mm brush that I really like which is right in the middle of these 2 sizes.

The last 2 group buys we offered were in the 23mm range so this time we are doing some smaller brushes. We also wanted to offer a brush that would be more affordable to those that weren't able to participate in the last group buys due to the costs......Perhaps the next group buy will offer a larger brush.

I love the Shavemac Pure hair grade as well, it starts off a bit scratchy but does break in and soften up nicely as Steve had mentioned......;) :cool: The Silvertip is quite nice as well and has very soft tips and a more luxurious feeling :D

Thanks for the support!

16. I am a big believer in knotty !;)

17. Smoke

Smoke New Member

Hello my friend!! Is your wife looking at just using the brush and some "real" creams...Or is she going to give the DE a try?? I have a Lady Gillette coming my way any day..If you don't already have one, I will pass it on to you for what I paid for it. Just let me know !!!!

Regards,

18. SlagleRock

SlagleRock Member

You know, I don't know if she'd have an interest in trying a DE or not. I know she'll enjoy good creams/soaps and a brush. I may have to get back to you on this one.

19. Smoke

Smoke New Member

no worries, I'm not in a hurry to let it go. I am assuming you have seen the Lady Gillette?? It has a VERY long handle and is quite easy to use. I am currently teaching my current future-ex girlfriend to use a DE. She is really enjoying the shaves... as for the teaching a lady...well..that is half the fun!!!:D

20. Smoke

Smoke New Member

Shavemac A++++++

Hello!

For you gents who have not yet tried a Shavemac, you are in for a VERY pleasant surprize!!!
    Like so many of us...I suffer from SBAD....The Shavemac is still my go to brush!!! Amongst my brushes, I have it down to a three brush rotation: Shavemac #441, Pre-Vulfix Simson Duke 3, and a Savile Row SR-208. IMO...Shavemac is the best bang for the buck!!! You will not be disappointed!!!

Smoke higly recommends!!!!!! Here is a pick of my truly favorite brush, Shavemac #441:

Regards,

Attached Files:

• 441.jpg
      441.jpg
      File size:
      1.9 KB
      Views: