2013 RAD?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by alpla444, Dec 30, 2012.

1. jbund

jbund Well-Known Member

I'm saving up to take my daughter and me to England (may blow a wad there on stuff) so for right now I am not buying anything. And it is not like I will have to live to be about 100 to use up all the soaps and creams that I have and I most likely have enough blades to last out the next 6 month to a year. So as long as I don't go window shopping at any of the on-line stores I should be safe for awhile.

2. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

That's what kills me. I have about 4 brushes in my wish list on various vendor websites and probably 10-12 shave creams. That doesn't even come close to including aftershaves and the like. Fortunately my RAD is gone but it's turning into SBAD which is more expensive :(

3. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    A black handled Shake Sharp razor. And some more Figaro shave cream! I only have 2 1/2 tubes left. A few more bay rums and some full size Ogallala bay rums, and I think that will cover me until next year.

Got the hard stuff out of the way.:bounce017::bounce015:
    Now I just need to allocate some money from the next check and I think I'll be set for the rest of 2013.:D

alpla444 likes this.
  4. Neolithium

Hmmm, to buy the rest of the T&H cream lineup....or not....Hard to say no when you can get them for $21/tub...

alpla444 likes this.
  5. Metro

Metro Well-Known Member

Well my RAD made me buy an EJ89BA11. Then I'm looking to using whatever money my dad always sends me for my birthday to buy a Dovo straight, Strop etc. Darn I thought I was good with what I had. Stupid RAD!

alpla444 likes this.
  6. Conrad1959

Conrad1959 Well-Known Member

Like many of you I have too much shaving stuff. I'm way over the top with safety razors and soaps/creams so I don't plan to buy more of those for a while. However, I have yet to go overboard on a/s splashes and that is no fun at all. I will spend the next few weeks or months looking for the ultimate splash. It may be impossible to find something I like better than Floid Blue or Nautica Voyage, my current favorites. Even so, I can certainly enjoy the journey.

alpla444 likes this.
  7. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    Bottom dial fat boy :) Probably a whipped dog silver tip...maybe a shake sharp.

alpla444 likes this.
  8. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    Never thought I'd see the day when Shake Sharp was used in the same sentence as Bottom Dial Fatboy.

alpla444 likes this.
  9. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

I just saw this...

This year I plan on thining my stash of shave creams. I know the ones that I like and I would like to just stick with those. I also don't plan on getting another brush my 2 Colonels (Manchurian and Best) are all the bush I need (for good). I don't plan on buying any DE razors, but if a good opportunity comes, I won't say no (no more than $20 though).

As for purchases:
    -Puck of MWF if/when the one I have runs out
    -couple hundred Personna Plats (i've got 15 left)
    -Valet Autostrop, the same type I sent to Mike...that model is a beauty!
    Restock my Proraso AS/ASB when they run out

That's about it really...I have settled and have started to get stuck in my ways. ;)

alpla444 likes this.
  10. Neolithium

I got my Muhle synthetic in the mail today. Going to do a test lather after work - this may have just aggravated my SBAD as I have 2 more Simpsons coming but off the bat this thing feels AMAZING.

alpla444 likes this.
  11. oldtrout

oldtrout Well-Known Member

I decided I need an OC, yep that's what I need alrighty.

alpla444 and PLANofMAN like this.
  12. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    Why's that? ^^^ IMO they're 2 distinctly differant experiences (Fat Boy and Shake Sharp) and the bottom dial is just a wanted treasure. I guess the shake sharp might be lonely so perhaps a Gillette Psycho w/OEM Key to keep it company. Now there's a combo!

PLANofMAN and alpla444 like this.
  13. Larry Stephenson

Larry Stephenson Active Member

A Belgian Blue
    A Belgian Yellow
    A wedge - make and model uncertain at the moment
    A Gillette DE - possibly a Fat Boy of the quarter and year of my birth
    Equipment and supplies needed to progress in SE blade restoration
    Leather to make my own strop
    And...

To introduce at least one friend to Wet Shaving

Dr.Wybert and alpla444 like this.
  14. Neolithium

ARGH I just saw a post elsewhere with a gorgeous selection of unique (Non cream/butterscotch) handles that he will be throwing Duke D3 knots in. I'll have to get at least one when they're released :(

Dr.Wybert and alpla444 like this.
  15. Larry Stephenson

AHA! An addition already, and 93% of the year to go! I understand, something else will be calling my name tomorrow, too. It's OK.

16. PLANofMAN

Moderator Article Team
    It has nothing to do with the razors per se, but rather the prices each command. I imagine that for the price of one bottom dial, you could buy the entire world's supply of Shake sharp razors. :) I'll agree with you about the different experiences as I own a Fatboy in addition to my Shake Sharps.

17. Norseman

Norseman misunderstood Dark Lord of the Sith

I have no plans for 2013. Most of my AD's have simmered down to a manageable level. And that includes my AD's from photography, wool clothing, camping gear and kayaks. All are AD's I've been blessed with before.

I find it very relaxing. Very boring, but still relaxing.
    Quite frankly, I do not know what I am going to do with myself. :)

Dr.Wybert likes this.
  18. Heloguy

Heloguy Well-Known Member

just ordered a Weishi gunmetal tto razor. should have it next week. I cant recall being so obsessed with any other hobbies before!

19. Larry Stephenson

I can relate. Sometimes, when I'm enjoying a good shave, I catch myself wondering what I'm missing. I think the obessive factor has a lot to do with how slowly the beard grows. If I could force it grow faster and could shave a dozen times a day it might be a different thing. Anticipation!

Heloguy likes this.
  20. Conrad1959

Conrad1959 Well-Known Member

Received 9 TSD AS splash samples today. The search is on!