2015 Seattle Shave Con

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by MattCB, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Ahh man...hope you find that E-cig in your stuff.....but at least you got to score that brush and that Banner....:happy097:

2. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Didn't find it, had about $140 in it, but I gotta tell you, I would have traded it straight across for that brush.

No worries. You win some, you lose some. If it helps whoever ended up with it quit smoking, it was worth losing it. :)

3. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Now see Ryan....you always put a unique hip spin on things....:happy088:

Rufus T., MattCB and PLANofMAN like this.
  4. MattCB

MattCB Well-Known Member

If it's ok with you, just hold on to it until next years event. That way you have another reason to make it :)

edit: grammar

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
    Rufus T. and PLANofMAN like this.
  5. MattCB

MattCB Well-Known Member

Got a copy of the pics that a fellow attendee took. I will have more from the actual photographer in a few days.

IMG_3145.JPG IMG_3146.JPG IMG_3147.JPG IMG_3148.JPG IMG_3182.JPG IMG_3185.JPG IMG_3186.JPG IMG_3187.JPG IMG_3188.JPG IMG_3189.JPG

6. MattCB

MattCB Well-Known Member

7. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I would have enjoyed going. Too bad it was on the other end of the country from me.

8. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I was surprised when this person
    [​IMG]
    Foreground, far left, won himself a spot in front of the raffle table. I remember thinking, "well, at least he'll have a nice brush when he's old enough to start shaving." :)

He might have been the youngest one there, but there was a lot more gender equality represented than I expected.

As if I needed more proof that wetshaving is becoming mainstream. :D

Norcalnewb, 45auto and MattCB like this.
  9. MattCB

MattCB Well-Known Member

I'm sure his dad will be more than happy to show him the ropes :). I was also pleasantly surprised at the number of women who showed up. Some where obviously just accompanying their husbands, but quite a few were fairly knowledgeable and having a good time.

45auto likes this.
  10. MattCB

MattCB Well-Known Member

11. Mustache

Mustache Well-Known Member

Excellent show Matt! I don't think there was a bad product there. Venders did an excellent job showcasing their products. I know I'll be buying more from WSP and Captain's Choice.

MattCB and 45auto like this.
  12. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Look like a great venue and a really well organized event.
    San Francisco 2016? :D

MattCB likes this.
  13. Mustache

I was thinking Oklahoma City 2016....

(I'm moving in a month. I am glad I decided to brave downtown Seattle this year)

45auto and MattCB like this.
  14. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Well, I guess looking at our member's map...the west coast might not be the most logical place if you go by wet-shaving-density :)
    [​IMG]

45auto and Mustache like this.
  15. Mustache

Oh wow... There was still a darn nice turnout this time... I do think we'll need a different venue next year though.

MattCB and Darkbulb like this.
  16. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I'm afraid Montana might not be in the running :)

MattCB likes this.
  17. Mustache

Definitely not the best turnout I bet.

MattCB likes this.
  18. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I vote for Asheville, NC its a popular tourist spot with plenty of hotels a local airport and its nearly halfway up the coast so a great many wetshavers should be able to make it. Its also surrounded by beautiful country with the parkway running through the best bits. By next year I hope I'm not living here so its not just to make it easy for me to go.

Dzia Dzia and MattCB like this.
  19. MattCB

MattCB Well-Known Member

I would really like to see a few regional meets. I think they have a much better chance of getting off of the ground and becoming a long running event. If and when that happens I could see the possibility of a "national" meet up.

Dzia Dzia and Mustache like this.
  20. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

Dzia Dzia likes this.