2015 Seattle Shave Con

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by MattCB, Jun 11, 2015.

1. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

Or the fact the east coast has a higher density of people compared to be west coast!

PLANofMAN likes this.
  2. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Well obviously that's a main reason for the distribution but it also doesn't make it less factual that there are more wet shavers on the east coast.
    Now if we would do it per capita that might paint a different picture but ugh..that doesn't sound like a fun exercise :)

MattCB, 45auto and Dzia Dzia like this.
  3. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

True that...I just got done messaging Tiffany Kosma and she says the shave meet in Boston is up to 60 people already...I wish there was a listing of shave meets in the USA.

4. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

I would probably be able to talk my wife into that one, at least until she figured out it was for a shaving convention.

Shaver X and Dzia Dzia like this.
  5. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

Just tell her, Blueridge parkway, Local artisans, small batch craft beer, beautiful waterways, Biltmore House. I know there's more. @Jayaruh You live as far south as i do north, you can help give good reasons why to visit, right?

Dzia Dzia and Norcalnewb like this.
  6. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

She knows all about Asheville, we used to live there. She wants to go this fall, but my work schedule won't allow. I am sure we could get to Asheville, but I may not make a convention!

Dzia Dzia likes this.
  7. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

Going to Hendersonville in the spring to look at condos for retirement. Love the area. S Florida is getting to be a bit of a grind.

8. DDuckyMark

This is funny to me because I'm trying to go the other way. Back to South Florida. I'm looking at places around where I grew up in Saint Lucie County.

9. Dzia Dzia

That's just up the road from me in Wellington, Palm Beach county. I've been here for over 30 years. Just want to live in a place where people wave hello at you as you drive by even though they've never seen you before instead of waving an obscene gesture at you because you aren't driving 20 miles an hour over the speed limit that they are. It's not the same as when I arrived here in the late seventies. I guess that's what ones autumn years will do to you.
    :happy069:

10. DDuckyMark

It's a lot like that here too. At least it is I the small town I live in. I don't make it out to Hendersonville except to take my girlfriend to her endocrinologist. I'm tired of the cold and having to drive forever in all sorts of weather to work. I can deal with rain and storms but ice and snow still terrify me.

Dzia Dzia likes this.
  11. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Why don't you guys just trade houses? ;)

jeraldgordon likes this.
  12. DDuckyMark

I live in a crappy apartment. He doesn't want to live at my place. I don't even want to live at my place.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  13. Dzia Dzia

We're looking to buy a condo now for retirement in 7-10 years. Use it as a vacation home and/or rent it out until we move.

14. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

The secret to getting her to go along with it is to also get something for her. That way she has something to look forward to, as well. Drop her off at the local foo-foo day spa for a totally chickworthy experience. Buy her the works - a massage, soak in the hot tub/ mineral bath, facial, etc. The sum total will take darned near forever to finish (not that she will want it to), so you have plenty of time to hang out at the convention. Later, when you go to pick her up, take her out to a nice dinner. And order good champagne, not Ripple. At the end of it all, she will be totlally relaxed and mellow, and you will be a minor deity as far as she is concerned. You can get away with all kinds of crap after that, even buying that $200 High Mountain White Water Badger brush made by elves in the Black Forest. ;)

jeraldgordon, MattCB and Bird Lives like this.
  15. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I have one of those.

...oh wait, it says 'New' Forest on the handle. Close enough, right? ;)

jeraldgordon, MattCB and Bird Lives like this.
  16. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

If anyones got one, Ryan's got one....:happy097::happy102:
    you sound like you've done this before....lol!.....So how do you like that elf made brush, :happy102:

PLANofMAN and MattCB like this.
  17. MattCB

MattCB Well-Known Member

Photos from the event photographer are in! I don't want to try and post 50+ photos on here, but there is a photo gallery on the event website www.seattleshavecon.com. Enjoy :)

Rufus T. likes this.
  18. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Looks like fun. I want to go next time!

Rufus T. and MattCB like this.
  19. MattCB

MattCB Well-Known Member

Not to far up the coast f rom you, come on up :)

mrchick likes this.
  20. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

It was a blast Matt....:happy096:
    You really put on a great show...And everything was so warm and like a family reunion...It's really hard to believe this was just the second year....You seemed so relaxed, it appeared as if you have been putting these on for years....}8^))

I thought the location was very hip, because you couldn't really get much closer to the Hyw. And as soon as you get on 5 you don't have to deal with downtown...You just get off and the location is right there....

Yeah, I thought everything was well thought out, and it was so easy for us to just make the scene and enjoy...

Once again...Thanks to you and all concerned......

Rufus T., 45auto and MattCB like this.