2019 Traveling Box Tour Round Two

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by stingraysrock, May 24, 2019.

1. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me!

RyX likes this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

For any new members of TSD, this is what you can participate in if you become part of the community. Trust among Gentlemen is a beautiful thing!

gorgo2, Enrico and Jrdelgado like this.
  3. Jrdelgado

Agreed. Great post sir.

gorgo2 and RyX like this.
  4. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

FYI- if anyone has any Col Conk amber they don’t want, I ‘d like to have it.

And if ya’ll are good with @fishcrow so am I.

RyX and Enrico like this.
  5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

No Col Conk, but plan on dropping in a nearly new (tried once) tub of TOBS. Also some Israeli blades (vintage Personna).

MR41 and RyX like this.
  6. Jrdelgado

I don’t have the Colonel either. @fishcrow is very welcome as far as I’m concerned

MR41 and RyX like this.
  7. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

As far as my opinion for @fishcrow ..... he's welcome if he's interested.

MR41 and RyX like this.
  8. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Houston, the box has landed.

RyX and ordinaryshaver like this.
  9. RyX

RyX DoH!

Nice. I'm curious to see what comes out, goes in this round!

10. Joewa

Joewa Well-Known Member

The box has landed in crime capital the united states. I say this in humor it's what happens when a city has 16,000 full time residents and day time population of over 160,000. The FBI even advises against its statistics to rank locales. None the less some realtor/ alarm companies etc do .. cause numbers are cool. According to the same statistics I also watched 51 movies in a theater last year.

On to the box..
    1) Introducing the Way of the box #2.. if something goes full circuit it gets removed. This prompted in part by the fact the epsilon blue was leaking pretty bad.
    2) what type of animals are you .. the poor thing has been stuffed so full its about to split at its seams.
    3) the stoneware mug has seen better days .. I am going to have to declare it fatality of the boxes natural enemy and conveyance the USPS.
    4) trying for a quick turn time
    5) did I say the box has alot of stuff in it...

RyX, John Beeman and Enrico like this.
  11. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

You sounded irked during the last run when I kept the box for just one day, to get it down the line ASAP to the next guy. Now you're unhappy we have the habit of stuffing it full, knowing the risk to some of the contents, even though at least 95% always survives. And layers of tape do work miracles in shipping this thing. But you're still unhappy. Maybe just say "thanks" instead of complaining.

12. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I don't think anyone is complaining. @Joewa is the person who crafted the wooden interior framing that has allowed us to stuff the box.

I read his post to say that he's amazed how much we can cram into it.

RyX likes this.
  13. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I didn't take it that way but it's dropped.

RyX likes this.
  14. Joewa

Joewa Well-Known Member

Irked.. heck no.. I am impressed and attempting to emulate it, wont be quite as quick however.

I am also impressed with how much you all can put into the box.. Its return was a chance for me to see how will the wood framing held up with actual use. I apparently did not correctly assess the vigor and enthusiasm in which it would be loaded the glue has started to give. The craftsman in me is asking how and if I need to make it stronger.

It's a given with the nature of the box and that we all want to give more then we take that some stuff will occasionally break. I myself am guilt of skimping on packing in order to try and load more into it.

Enrico, Frijolero and RyX like this.
  15. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I apologize for misreading your intent and ask your forgiveness, please.

The wood framing is indestructible and perfect, thank you for thinking of it.

Sorry about the Aramis mug, I thought it'd survive.

16. kjbarth

kjbarth Well-Known Member

This seems like a neat idea. At some point in the future, I'd like to participate. I'm new so I need to become better known in the forum and participate more to become better known. I've got a serious case of shaving related stuff acquisition disorder - used to be just RAD but now I have too much of everything than I can possibly ever use. But it is fun.

17. RyX

RyX DoH!

Too much of Everything is how these Pass Arounds happen. If you've been following along or viewed the Round One of The Traveling Box note the talk about a Newbie Box. While much of the gear in the current Box could qualify, many of us have stuff we could toss in to start a Newbie Pass Around. Feel free to explore the idea of organizing your own event!

If you do like the idea of being The Originator of a pass around, read up on that previous thread linked above. While there are great advantages to participating, there are also potential pitfalls.

Jrdelgado and Frijolero like this.
  18. Jrdelgado

Hello everyone. I know I am next in line to receive the box. I have an unavoidable engagement next weekend so it may be a few days before I can get the box back on track. I will keep everyone posted on when I receive it and ship it I just wanted to give a heads up.

19. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Okay! Go box!

RyX, Jrdelgado and Enrico like this.
  20. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

I believe this is the reason that so far at least this box pass around has worked. Folks being responsible adults....

RyX and Jrdelgado like this.