2019 Traveling Box Tour Round Two

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by stingraysrock, May 24, 2019.

1. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

I liked it. I hope you do!

2. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

I'd like the GEM razor if you decide you don't mind giving her.

brit and Jrdelgado like this.
  3. Jrdelgado

Sure! Pm me

RyX and brit like this.
  4. ordinaryshaver

Inbound!

RyX, Jrdelgado and brit like this.
  5. RyX

RyX DoH!

I'd like to try that one. If anyone chooses to keep the puck, cut me a sample?

Loving the vintage brush handles! Very few I've seen in the wild are worthy of restoration.

Frijolero and brit like this.
  6. Jrdelgado

Ok box shipped!

RyX likes this.
  7. ordinaryshaver

Iirc I am before you, if any remains, I'll happily save you a sample

RyX likes this.
  8. RyX

RyX DoH!

It's all good! I'd appreciate a slice to try before I buy. Right now I have two lime soaps; Col Conk (glycerin based), and Razorock WTP Lime Burst (Italian hard puck, possibly made by Tcheon Fung Sing). They both serve & go well with Pinaud's Lime Sec and Citrus Musk. The Col Conk makes a decent preshave soap especially applied before the Razorock lather. I keep seeing that C&E WIL and hear good reviews.

Frijolero and brit like this.
  9. Jrdelgado

I really like it. I ordered two pucks one to keep and one for the box. I have heard they are stopping production on shave soaps so I’ll probably get a couple more to stash.

Frijolero and RyX like this.
  10. brit

brit in a box

it's fantastic stuff,awesome scent..

RyX likes this.
  11. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

24AC2DD8-DDB5-43C1-A920-E2FB8D030BA2.jpeg

It got here save and sound. Here is the preliminary give:

10EA9818-DAD3-4896-8785-2283153F549B.jpeg

@Enrico -there is a Van Dar Hagan brush (surrey handle)in here from the last round and I have another one to include. Do you want them for the handles?

And a lot of folks aren’t following the rule: Take more than you give.:) Just kidding. I don’t know that I will do that either.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    Enrico, RyX, Jrdelgado and 1 other person like this.
  12. ordinaryshaver

I have that same Vie-long brush. It is a good brush for painting, but no so much for swirling, at least IMHO

RyX likes this.
  13. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

True, but it is a very nice painter. And some people like that. Aaron I think you’ll be SE happy.

ordinaryshaver and RyX like this.
  14. RyX

RyX DoH!

I see three menthol creams. I've tried KMF, but not the Russian (Start?) or the Ingram. Any notions on which is strongest/coolest? Are you getting out of the menthols, or creams?

For a couple of years, I've had a future project sitting on my shelf - enough horse mane & tail hair to make half a dozen knots. Two factors put me off. The floppiness of reviewed brushes made by Pros, and anthrax. If I ever commit to what kind of glue to use and reach official retirement age so I have health coverage of some type I just might move forward on the project.

Frijolero likes this.
  15. ordinaryshaver

Different strokes for different folks

MR41 and RyX like this.
  16. Jrdelgado

Very nice gives! This has been a lot of fun. Thank you gentlemen!

MR41 and RyX like this.
  17. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Thank you @MR41 , You know me and brushes I always like handles :D. Very nice donations! Is that a Tech or a Bali razor head? Either are very nice.

Frijolero and RyX like this.
  18. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

It’s a Maggard’s V3M. And the other one is a Chinese DE 89 clone that is very smooth. I know you like mild smooth razors; both might be worth a try.

Frijolero and Enrico like this.
  19. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I have gotten so I shave with Barbasol most days due to time and I don’t lather often. When I do I like classic, basic stuff- Arko, VDH, Col Conk; so I thought I’d pass them along to some one that will enjoy them. The KMF is probably the strongest( and it’s mild to medium). The Ingram’s is next. It’s supposed to be stronger than the regular Ingram’s but I can’t tell that it is. The Kapo is supposed to have menthol, but I don’t think it does( I can’t feel any). It is a good nice smelling cream though. I hear you on the brush. I bought the horse because I read great reviews- many said it was between a badger and a boar- but, as @ordinaryshaver pointed out it’s a painter and I rarely bowl lather. I used it twice so it’s basically new.

Frijolero, RyX and Enrico like this.
  20. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Preliminary take:
    021BEEAF-2D65-4199-B1E1-4A1EDC82102F.jpeg

Frijolero, Enrico, RyX and 1 other person like this.